Sideline Report With Brittany Maynard

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

My name is Brittany Maynard and I am a senior at OSU this year. This is my fourth year cheering for the Buckeyes, and I have loved every minute of the previous 3 years, so I am really looking forward to this year. My favorite part of cheering for Ohio State is the huge fan following that we have whether we are playing at home or on the road!
running-out-200x300.jpg

The pride that Buckeye fans have in Ohio State in incomparable to anything else and to be a part of a university large enough to have fans across the entire nation is truly amazing! Our stadium is one of the biggest in the nation, holding 105,000 screaming fans. Running the team out, with Brutus (our mascot) leading the way, is such a thrill to be a part of each and every home game.
I’m getting ahead of myself! Before each game, we head to the grassy knoll (a small field outside our stadium with the OSU logo on it) to do a pregame pep rally for the Buckeye fans. We do cheers and chants, while throwing some stunts and baskets. It gets the crowd really fired up for the game and gets us excited because we feed off of our great fans!

After our pep rally, we head into the game for kickoff! One big tradition at Ohio State is our O-H-I-O cheer that involves the entire stadium. Each section yells a different letter that the cheerleaders give them from our signs. This week I got to be the H!During this past week’s game we played a gritty UCF team who held our Buckeyes close for much of the first half. Everytime we did well, they did too! I can’t be too mad about it because that makes for an exciting game! When we did score, we got to do another one of our traditions. Touch down tradition:

Overall it was a great game! Our buckeyes got a victory against the Golden Knights of UCF and we even got to meet some of the UCF cheerleaders who were traveling with the team. Can’t wait to see our friends at UCA College Nationals in a few months!
Tyler and me from UCF are pictured here. You can read about her experience traveling to Ohio State here on America Needs Cheerleaders: Sideline Report with Tyler Peterson
See you guys at the next game!
O-H-I-O! -Brittany

Back