OT Singing Tv Shows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

ALittleBitTwisted

Most Positive :)
Dec 14, 2009
Is it just me or has there been an increasing trend of TV shows with singing? I have mixed opinions on it for two reasons: I think it is wonderful they are giving a lot ordinary people nationwide a shot at fame and getting their voice heard. However, these TV shows are pretty much competing against eachother for viewers and airtime..I mean really I can honestly say I don't religiously watch American Idol, America's Got Talent (not just singing), and The Voice. I think that covers them all?

What is your favorite singing show and why? Do you think it's necessary to have these all on air together? Just curious what everyone thinks...discuss! :)

americas got talent is my favorite!
but the voice is really growing on me!
american idol is my LEAST favorite-i quit watching that about 7 seasons ago haha, i just think it has ran its course...and backed up...and ran it again.

i LOVEEEE the voice because it actually is a talent competition because they don't watch the people they pick for their teams i really like Americas got talent because there are sooo many different talents all in one show that you're never bored and i absolutely HATE american idol its just a popularity contest because some of the people that have been on there should NOT have been and others who were more talented and should have won were voted off. i think there are so many because i think american idol is on its last leg and then americas got talent has soooooo much and then the voice is strictly singing (for the most part) :)

I don't really watch any of these shows but I am SO excited for X Factor to come to the US!! I think Simon is really intelligent about the music business and it will have a much more cut-throat feel than American Idol

I knew I forgot one! I have seen a few commercials for it...isn't Paula a judge on this too?! Hopefully they both will be better judges on this show than they were on American Idol. IMO the judges on American Idol now are encouraging and inspiring versus disheartening to the contestants. I noticed just by watching 3 episodes this season the judges are critical and ask for changes to be made, but unlike most seasons the changes are made and very noticeable! I am definitely a huge fan of the voice, but I will also be watching American Idol up until the finale and probably try watching X Factor as well.

I like american idol but only because last seasons winner went to my school and lives by me and because this season my friends sister is in top 3 :) vote for haley ya'll :)))
Last season and this season there has been someone from my school district in top 3 hahaha so i kinda have to like it.
ive never watched it until last seasons finale

Back