High School Single Base Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2016
Can someone clarify spotter grip rules for me? I know the rule says, "May not support under the heel or sole of the top person’s foot in a single based extended stunt. They may hold at the ankle of the top person and/or the wrist of the base or any combination thereof."

Does that mean ankle and toe is out? I've always taught/done where the backspot is behind the base with hands on ankles, but this group of kids want to stay on the side (darn all stars...). They were under the sole of the foot like all star, which I know is a no go, so I had them switch their back hand to the ankle, but they still want that front hand under the toe. I'm guessing thats a no, but I just wanted to make sure.

And I guess while we're at it, does anyone have a close up video of AACCA HS approved load in/grip where the spotter is on the side?

Can someone clarify spotter grip rules for me? I know the rule says, "May not support under the heel or sole of the top person’s foot in a single based extended stunt. They may hold at the ankle of the top person and/or the wrist of the base or any combination thereof."

Does that mean ankle and toe is out? I've always taught/done where the backspot is behind the base with hands on ankles, but this group of kids want to stay on the side (darn all stars...). They were under the sole of the foot like all star, which I know is a no go, so I had them switch their back hand to the ankle, but they still want that front hand under the toe. I'm guessing thats a no, but I just wanted to make sure.

And I guess while we're at it, does anyone have a close up video of AACCA HS approved load in/grip where the spotter is on the side?

Im not 100% on this but i believe ankle and toe is out. Because as soon as they are holding the feet, they are considered as a base and then the stunt is illegal since then it has no spotter.

If it stays at prep level, then they are able to stay on the ankle and the toe. To extend the "spotter" can not stay on the toe and must switch to the wrist, ankle, bases arm, etc as long as it's not on the foot anywhere.

We load from the side. If the spotter is doing both ankles, then the spotter starts on the flyers right side holding the ankle with her right hand and under the flyers butt with her left. She grabs the left ankle on the way to the top like a normal backspot would. We did hold under the foot one year when we did prep level first and bumped up to extensions later. The spotter still started on the flyers right. She held her right hand under the toe and her left hand was under the flyers upper thigh to help the flyer stand up. On the way up she grabbed the flyers right ankle with her left hand and kept the toe with her right. Sorry, I don't have an upclose video of grips or anything.

Reactions: MEH
If it stays at prep level, then they are able to stay on the ankle and the toe. To extend the "spotter" can not stay on the toe and must switch to the wrist, ankle, bases arm, etc as long as it's not on the foot anywhere.

We load from the side. If the spotter is doing both ankles, then the spotter starts on the flyers right side holding the ankle with her right hand and under the flyers butt with her left. She grabs the left ankle on the way to the top like a normal backspot would. We did hold under the foot one year when we did prep level first and bumped up to extensions later. The spotter still started on the flyers right. She held her right hand under the toe and her left hand was under the flyers upper thigh to help the flyer stand up. On the way up she grabbed the flyers right ankle with her left hand and kept the toe with her right. Sorry, I don't have an upclose video of grips or anything.

This

Back