All-Star Size Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

STAR Cheer Mom

Cheer Parent
Nov 23, 2012
This might be a dumb question, but I am a little confused. As I read the new USASF division sizes, I noticed they only note up to a "medium" sized time (23-30), and there is no large, which I get. My question is, as I am seeing gyms post their teams for the 2017-2018 season, they are still calling their biggest teams "large." Anyone know why? Just curious. TIA!

This might be a dumb question, but I am a little confused. As I read the new USASF division sizes, I noticed they only note up to a "medium" sized time (23-30), and there is no large, which I get. My question is, as I am seeing gyms post their teams for the 2017-2018 season, they are still calling their biggest teams "large." Anyone know why? Just curious. TIA!

I think they are doing that bc their parents and team only know large and small. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would not have known it myself. I have a feeling it's going to take e couple of years for people to start calling it medium. I personally wish they had just left it alone unless they were going to give us a "large" division also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are doing that bc their parents and team only know large and small. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would not have known it myself. I have a feeling it's going to take e couple of years for people to start calling it medium. I personally wish they had just left it alone unless they were going to give us a "large" division also

Sent from my iPhone using

Makes sense. Totally agree!

At least it's set in advance! One of my frustrations with NYAA (YCOA) cheer was that they would draw the lines based on who showed up. I have seen "large" Range from 10 kids to the max of 40 in a single competition if there were a bunch of teams with less than 10. It's really hard for a team with two stunt groups to compete with a team that can have 10+ kids nuggeted at any given time and still hit the top of the score grid. We had seasons where we were in large at regionals, but would have been in medium at state and small at nationals, with exactly the same team.

Back