Skirt Extender

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MommaBear

Cheer Parent
Apr 25, 2013
My daughter has a uniform from last year but the skirt is a tiny bit too tight. Any ideas on where to purchase a skirt extender? Do the uniform companies offer this?

Are you talking the old-style skirts with a zipper/button closure that don't really stretch? If so, I haven't seen extenders sold. When my CP had that style skirt, we just moved the button over as far as we could. Really, anything past that and the zipper won't close properly. Maybe someone at a good alterations place could make it work?

Are you talking the old-style skirts with a zipper/button closure that don't really stretch? If so, I haven't seen extenders sold. When my CP had that style skirt, we just moved the button over as far as we could. Really, anything past that and the zipper won't close properly. Maybe someone at a good alterations place could make it work?
Yes, that kind. It closes, but I'm worried it may become too tight by the end of the season. I found some extenders online, but for adults. Just thought I'd reach out here first before I alter it. Thx!!

Yes, that kind. It closes, but I'm worried it may become too tight by the end of the season. I found some extenders online, but for adults. Just thought I'd reach out here first before I alter it. Thx!!

I'm not entirely certain I know what you mean by extenders, but if she's not grown out of it just yet you could sew some extra buttons next to the original one so she can let it out a little? I'm not sure how much bigger that would make it but it might be worth a try:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back