High School Sneakers For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 14, 2012
So our school has a black track and peoples feet start to burn because of the track absorbing heat. It's so hot when we stand for it on long periods of time we can feel the heat going through our shoes. Any solution on shoes that can possibly lessen the heat?

I can tell you where to find inexpensive shoes, but I'm not so sure about well insulated ones. What are you guys currently wearing?

So our school has a black track and peoples feet start to burn because of the track absorbing heat. It's so hot when we stand for it on long periods of time we can feel the heat going through our shoes. Any solution on shoes that can possibly lessen the heat?
Depends what kind you have now... like the all star ones are made for mat only so I would assume those wouldn't work well on track. My high school team had nikes but it was a million years ago so I don't know the model or anything. Nike soles were decent for outside though. And I had converse too those are good for outside. Also I know Adidas cheer shoes are used by one of the local schools and they are super easy for stunting like I had to base a girl with them and it was a million times easier than any other shoe I've had to base. So sorry I basically just ranted about different shoes, but hopefully I have you some ideas!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You should get a hold of a rep from like Varsity or something because I know there are shoes that are made specifically for cheering on tracks! :)

You should get a hold of a rep from like Varsity or something because I know there are shoes that are made specifically for cheering on tracks! :)
Try the Varsity Touchdowns! I have them now (but have yet to try them on the track) and I love them!

Last edited:
Nike free cheer? They have a bottom like normal sneakers and I think they would work really well on the track and not get hot.

Nike free cheer? They have a bottom like normal sneakers and I think they would work really well on the track and not get hot.

Although I've never cheered in the Nike Free cheers, they are modeled after the Nike free runs (which I run in all the time). They are a minimalist shoe and meant to be as lightweight as possible. So even though they are "modeled" after a sneaker, there is not very much to the base. I'm not sure how they would hold up on a hot track and if they would actually be thick enough. The Nike Stamina or Sideline might be a better choice.

I would look into the Team Cheer Cobra. It has a thick base and is a heavier duty shoe. Although I don't think it would be great for a lot of tumbling, its super affordable so you might want to try it out anyways.
Team Cheer Cobra | Cheerleading Shoes | Team Cheer

Although I've never cheered in the Nike Free cheers, they are modeled after the Nike free runs (which I run in all the time). They are a minimalist shoe and meant to be as lightweight as possible. So even though they are "modeled" after a sneaker, there is not very much to the base. I'm not sure how they would hold up on a hot track and if they would actually be thick enough. The Nike Stamina or Sideline might be a better choice.

I would look into the Team Cheer Cobra. It has a thick base and is a heavier duty shoe. Although I don't think it would be great for a lot of tumbling, its super affordable so you might want to try it out anyways.
Team Cheer Cobra | Cheerleading Shoes | Team Cheer
I have nike frees and the nike free cheer and the base on the cheer ones is not the same as on the actual running ones. It's much thicker. We run in them outside on black concrete at practice and they're fine.

Thanks! I might be sticking to my running shoes for now. I'm bringing along my cheer sneakers just in case.

Currently we have the asics cheer vi shoe. I'm pretty sure they are for high school but correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have nike cheer flas but I'm not sure how they will do

Too bad our coach isn't getting new ones because she just made the basketball girls buy $60 cheer shoes

I have nike frees and the nike free cheer and the base on the cheer ones is not the same as on the actual running ones. It's much thicker. We run in them outside on black concrete at practice and they're fine.

Ok thanks, the pictures of the bases on the nike free cheers looked so similar to the running shoe to me!

Back