All-Star So I Just Found This Gem From Worlds 2008

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Since we are pulling up old videos, do anyone have the WCSS routine where they stunted to a whole new world? I cant remember what year it was.

WCSS NCA 2001

Their pyramid was to Bohemian Rhapsody and it's probably one of my favorite things in the world lol

When did cheerleaders start wrapping under for standing tucks? Does anyone whos been in the sport for longer than I have remember when that started becoming the thing?

Pretty awesome that whoever that was got to meet all those Disney kids!

On another note, all I could think as I watched the video was wow! Could you imagine if that team performed at worlds today. We would have 15 + plus pages on how they don't deserve to be there and they are out of their appropriate level. Cheer has come so far since 2008. Wishful thinking that in general people would be a little nicer about teams just getting their start and going to worlds for the experience to build on.

The craziest thing is to compare 2008 worlds to 2010 worlds. I remember working my bootay off those two years (Not as a worlds athlete but as an athlete) because the world of cheer changed so much. Do you remember 2010 lady bullets? Double based switch ups.

2008 worlds, fake full up and a straight up aero double down was the norm. Absolutely insane.

I'm pretty sure there were rumors like that at every competition Pumas were at. Considering they were out of Nashville we were at a lot of the same competitions and it was always like a huge deal.

I always like to tell people though as a fun fact that I competed against her team (when she was on Tennessee Panthers) the black and green uniforms, and beat them. Again since they were out of Nashville we always competed against them and since we are the same age we would have been on youth at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fun fact. There was a picture or article about Miley in American Cheerleader a long time ago. In the background of the picture was my team and coach in a huddle. Pretty sure we were getting yelled at in it, ha!

When did cheerleaders start wrapping under for standing tucks? Does anyone whos been in the sport for longer than I have remember when that started becoming the thing?
I've been in competitive cheerleading since 2000. I've always wrapped under my knees. Never knew any different way until I started coaching. In my experience that is a way to tell if the girl learned her tuck from a gymnastics gym or a cheer gym.

Fun fact. There was a picture or article about Miley in American Cheerleader a long time ago. In the background of the picture was my team and coach in a huddle. Pretty sure we were getting yelled at in it, ha!

I remember that article. I believe she said she had just gotten her standing tuck before she quit to pursue acting.

I remember watching this when it came out on the old boards. #oldie

I've been in competitive cheerleading since 2000. I've always wrapped under my knees. Never knew any different way until I started coaching. In my experience that is a way to tell if the girl learned her tuck from a gymnastics gym or a cheer gym.
I teach my cheer kids to wrap under and the gym owner thinks I'm a monster lol

It's so much easier! If you don't have to do it on beam there's no reason not to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WCSS NCA 2001

Their pyramid was to Bohemian Rhapsody and it's probably one of my favorite things in the world lol

I still think the best thing to happen to allstar cheerleading is the spring floor!! I hated dead floor, and the ONLY competition back then that was spring was Cheersport. It wasn't mats strips like now though, it was a carpet floor!

I still think the best thing to happen to allstar cheerleading is the spring floor!! I hated dead floor, and the ONLY competition back then that was spring was Cheersport. It wasn't mats strips like now though, it was a carpet floor!
Yes and it was turquoise carpet too. I loved competing at cheer sport, but that was the only competition I ever fell at because I got to much height and ate it running backwards after I landed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back