High School Someone Creative Please Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2011
ok so my team needs some help with a stunt.

we've got 6 8counts of time that we need to use up. one of those 8 counts would be transitioning to the stunt

what my coach is looking for is running back handsprings or standing into the stunt. also, a 2 legged stunt because its at the end of our routine so it needs to be somewhat easy.

she wants a creative aspect to it. not just straight up cradle.. but it obvously needs to be legal for high school level.
also, we are capable to twist out of them all flyers can tumble and nothing is too hard to try

You could try roundoff BHS rebound into a halfup to extension.
  • Have the flyers ROBHS rebound into the backspot's hands,
  • Have the backspot turn around and load in the flyer (bases should be set already)
  • The flyer should be hanging by the bases shoulders (Hanging drill) and have her feet positioned for half up
  • Then twist up to extension cupie

You could try roundoff BHS rebound into a halfup to extension.
  • Have the flyers ROBHS rebound into the backspot's hands,
  • Have the backspot turn around and load in the flyer (bases should be set already)
  • The flyer should be hanging by the bases shoulders (Hanging drill) and have her feet positioned for half up
  • Then twist up to extension cupie

can you explain this a little more detailed I'm interested in the half-up thing.

You could have the flyers do standing two back handsprings, then rebound into the bases hands, straight up extension. Then twist sponge, the group turns so their facing the back, and then goes up into an extension as the group faces to the front again. Then full/double down. Hope this helps! :)

You could have the flyers do standing two back handsprings, then rebound into the bases hands, straight up extension. Then twist sponge, the group turns so their facing the back, and then goes up into an extension as the group faces to the front again. Then full/double down. Hope this helps! :)
thanks it actually does help :)

can you explain this a little more detailed I'm interested in the half-up thing.
The half up is executed by having the bases stand on opposite sides (this actually doesn't really matter since you are doing two legs) and the frontspot in the backspot's place. Both of the bases palce their left over their right hand and the flyer places her right leg over her left when she loads in to the back. The backspot pushes up her butt and the frontspot her ankles.

Here's a video of one to a prep.

Back