All-Star Something You Want To See This Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
I want to see after everybody does a running tumbling pass hit a motion at the end... but... that's so 09...
I also want to see straight pony and bump pony...
What do you guys want to see this season?

The only thing I truly want to see is girls that are competition ready when they enter the venue. Not sure why they can not get ready at their home or their hotel. At times they can make it challenging for others to get to where they need to be because they are spread out all over the floor.

Last edited:
*Doubles/fulls that aren't basically balled over deathcopters.

*Flyers fully pulling body positions with pointed toes.

*Cleaner double downs (these were actually better last season than in past years, though.)

Consistent good technique and level appropriate teams.

Uniforms that are pretty AND functional.

Hair and makeup that is polished but not overdone.

Tasteful choreography that can still be innovative and fun.

Prettier paper doll stunts...they are my favorite
Less of the ugly mesh unis
Tailless bows
Braid to the side for cheer hair.
No more big hair

• Layouts that aren't piked all the way over and yet not deducted on the technique side. If you start arched and land piked, it was not a layout.
  • True whips - not piked BHS with no hands or low flying, tucked knees no handed flips that often masquerade as whips simply because it has no hands. If it does not increase in speed/power and is not as long as the athlete in body length, it is not a whip.
  • No crossed legs in fulls or double fulls
  • No recruiting of athletes at competitions by coaches, parents, athletes of other gyms

In my "I can dream can't I" mind....

Fix Worlds. Too many issues to name.

Elimination of the BOD points - where teams get the benefit of the doubt because of course they are supposed to be "better" than you because of their name and very obvious deductions are missed. Or because they bring so many teams ($$$) they already have a point or two advantage before they even take the floor.

Understanding that since this is a business, correct scores and placements affects every program regardless of size, money, ethnicity, demographics etc. So getting it right and being able to stand openly and visibly behind the result is critical to the integrity of this business model. Both scores and placements matter. Placements only is open to feelings which then opens the specter of BOD points, conflict of interest, what team is marketed and promoted better than another, etc.

No more anonymous judges at events that can potentially affect the livelihood of a gym in attendance. If there is a conflict of interest, they should not be judging. This means we need more judges and we should know who they are before we take the mat. Why do I want the owner of a local gym that is is competition with me for athletes being the person determining if I win or lose, when they have a vested interest in if I do win or lose? Or a person judging me that has been trying to get my choreography/music business for years but I have given it to someone else? As much as we like to believe that all judges put aside their biases on competition day and just do their job, the sad fact is some don't. And they make it bad for those that do.

An impartial not connected to any one EP or organization Judging Training Organization. They train the judges. EP's request the judges from them. They assign and send the judges. EP's and coaches can file reports if there is an issue with a judges scoring, comments, demeanor, etc and they can be disciplined by the judging organization. So judges can be held accountable - if a pattern of negative scoring, drunkenness, conflicts of interest at with certain programs in attendance is discovered it is easier to deal with them.

Varsity/USASF to actually stand behind their decisions - from the top down and to stop sending people out on the lower levels many of who we know personally as human shields to deflect the damage and take the hits that they should be taking. The people making the bad decisions are rarely standing up saying it was me and I am responsible. But those that work warm up rooms, load trucks, staff camps, sell t-shirts are the ones on this and other platforms forced to defend their company time and time again. It gets old for them as well, I can imagine.

Last edited:
  • Layouts that aren't piked all the way over and yet not deducted on the technique side. If you start arched and land piked, it was not a layout.
  • True whips - not piked BHS with no hands or low flying, tucked knees n handed flips that often masquerade as whips simply because it hands no hands. if it does not increase in speed/power and is not as long as the athlete in body length, it is not a whip.
  • No crossed legs in fulls or double fulls
  • No recruiting of athletes at competitions by coaches, parents, athletes of other gyms
In my "I can dream can't I" mind....

Fix Worlds. Too many issues to name.

Elimination of the BOD points - where teams get the benefit of the doubt because of course they are supposed to be "better" than you because of their name and very obvious deductions are missed. Or because they bring so many teams ($$$) they already have a point or two advantage before they even take the floor.

Understanding that since this is a business, correct scores and placements affects every program regardless of size, money, ethnicity, demographics etc. So getting it right and being able to stand openly and visibly behind the result is critical to the integrity of this business model. Both scores and placements matter. Placements only is open to feelings which then opens the specter of BOD points, conflict of interest, what team is marketed and promoted better than another, etc.

No more anonymous judges at events that can potentially affect the livelihood of a gym in attendance. If there is a conflict of interest, they should not be judging. This means we need more judges and we should know who they are before we take the mat. Why do I want the owner of a local gym that is is competition with me for athletes being the person determining if I win or lose, when they have a vested interest in if i do win or lose? Or a person judging me that has been trying to get my choreography/music business for years but I have given it to someone else? As much as we like to believe that all judges put aside their biases on competition day and just do their job, the sad fact is some don't. And they make it bad for those that do.

An impartial not connected to any one EP or organization Judging Training Organization. They train the judges. EP's request the judges from them. They assign and send the judges. EP's and coaches can file reports if there is an issue with a judges scoring, comments, demeanor, etc and they can be disciplined by the judging organization. So judges can be held accountable - if a pattern of negative scoring, drunkenness, conflicts of interest at with certain programs in attendance is discovered it is easier to deal with them.

Varsity/USASF to actually stand behind their decisions - from the top down and to stop sending people out on the lower levels many of who we know personally as human shields to deflect the damage and take the hits that they should be taking. The people making the bad decisions are rarely standing up saying it was me and I am responsible. But those that work warm up rooms, load trucks, staff camps, sell t-shirts are the ones on this and other platforms forced to defend their company time and time again. It gets old for them as well, I can imagine.
Not enough shimmies!

Back