All-Star Sorry But

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Can someone direct me to the new USASF rules for uniforms? A link would be great. I looked through the major usasf rule changes (or whatever it was) on here but the links on the first few pages didn't work. Admins please feel free to delete this thread after I get a response! :) thanks in advance!

It was retracted and I don't think anything has been reposted about it. So I am going into next season like it never happened. Didn't feel the need to educate my parents on it if it wasn't going to happen.

Apparently we will know by Monday about the new rules. Just noticed this tweet from Les Stella:

Les Stella
Shooting for 5pm (CST) Monday for putting out the 2012-13 Age Grid and new rules. Will let you know if timeline changes.

Apparently we will know by Monday about the new rules. Just noticed this tweet from Les Stella:

Les Stella
Shooting for 5pm (CST) Monday for putting out the 2012-13 Age Grid and new rules. Will let you know if timeline changes.
Isn't it a bit late for this? Most gyms will have had tryouts at this point. This will be a huge factor in how they structure their teams. Yet another reason I'm annoyed with the USASF.

Isn't it a bit late for this? Most gyms will have had tryouts at this point. This will be a huge factor in how they structure their teams. Yet another reason I'm annoyed with the USASF.
well, they cant really control when teams have tryouts. and they were just at worlds. so im sure its going through finalization process .

well, they cant really control when teams have tryouts. and they were just at worlds. so im sure its going through finalization process .
Yes but they know when tryout time is. It's not like these teams opted to have tryouts in February. It's May, most seasons have ended and gyms ALWAYS hold tryouts in April/May. It just could have been handled much better.

Our tryouts are Saturday. I think our team list is not posted until Monday.

I see your point about impacting the team structure. Fortunately, our gym owner is involved with the rules process so I'm assuming he already knows about any changes. Since it's still the beginning of the season, hopefully most gyms will be able to make necessary changes before they get heavy into summer practices.

Didn't they already post the guidelines for the ages for the upcoming season when they put out the last update that also gave back standing fulls for this season? Do we expect any other age changes other than the floor of 10 on the senior teams and the international changes?

Didn't they already post the guidelines for the ages for the upcoming season when they put out the last update that also gave back standing fulls for this season? Do we expect any other age changes other than the floor of 10 on the senior teams and the international changes?
I was a little confused about that tweet, myself. I thought everything had already been finalized. Apparently, the last announcements were the final rules and they are just putting up the "official" notice on Monday. No new changes. Saw this tweet this morning:

Les Stella@Lesstella
rules and age grid being released on Monday are the same changes announced weeks ago. They are just being placed in the official documents.

I was a little confused about that tweet, myself. I thought everything had already been finalized. Apparently, the last announcements were the final rules and they are just putting up the "official" notice on Monday. No new changes. Saw this tweet this morning:

Les Stella@Lesstella
rules and age grid being released on Monday are the same changes announced weeks ago. They are just being placed in the official documents.
Ok, great news! I was stressing, lol

We inadvertently took down the Image Policy at the same time the Etiquette document came down for revisions weeks ago. We completed revising the Etiquette document yesterday and reposted it this morning.

We figured that it wouldn't hurt to give the Policy document a little more attention before reposting it, as well. I SERIOUSLY doubt that even a single word will change when it is re-released, but we learned after the first release in March that you can never be too careful :)

I would NOT count on Les's release of updated Rules to include the Image Policy document. Im not saying it won't, buy we won't force the Image Policy to live by that timeline if we aren't ready to repost.

Back