All-Star Special Attention

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree and disagree with this while I think that all the levels should have the same uni there just some teams that just need to stand out like F5. But I think that if you're going to do different unis do like youth one uni, juniors another, seniors another and then level 5 another. I think that would make it more fair

My only problem with doing this is that it makes it really hard when you have a kid who crosses from a Jr to a Sr. I know some who do that and my cp is one who may be doing it this year too. Most of the time with the level 5 teams they are one team only so atleast you dont have to buy them a separate uni for their other teams. Plenty of other costs though. We had one team last year with a different uni and like 2-3 of them crosses and had to change and at small comps time was an issue too. Its gonna work different with every gym though, because they all do different comps and types of comps and crossovers vary from gym to gym.

My only problem with doing this is that it makes it really hard when you have a kid who crosses from a Jr to a Sr. I know some who do that and my cp is one who may be doing it this year too. Most of the time with the level 5 teams they are one team only so atleast you dont have to buy them a separate uni for their other teams. Plenty of other costs though. We had one team last year with a different uni and like 2-3 of them crosses and had to change and at small comps time was an issue too. Its gonna work different with every gym though, because they all do different comps and types of comps and crossovers vary from gym to gym.
yeah thats very true I guess I never really think of crossovers because my gym doesn't do them unless theres and injury or something of that nature

yeah thats very true I guess I never really think of crossovers because my gym doesn't do them unless theres and injury or something of that nature

Our gym just mentioned at the parent meeting last week about wanting to get rid of crossovers. Its just not a reality for all of our teams right now, unfortunately. We have grown alot this year though so hopefully soon that will be possible for us too. I know thats what they want. Even though the kids would do every team there if they were allowed :)

I agree with that. Our gym has one uni for everyone. The only thing that the lv 5 had that set them apart was a different hair bow and that might have just been because it was the first year we ever had a five. I'll be interested to see if they keep a different one. Our gym is dedicated to being ONE team. That's not to say our five didn't have many extra practices that other teams didn't get, and it's not to say they didn't reserve some private spots during the summer for them first (last year) and then filled in with others after they had their chance to sign up for one but given the fact they went to a few different competitions on their way to worlds, that all made sense to us. If anything, our coaches are more focused on the little ones so we can grow our own elite athletes.

Now that you mention it I think our Sr 4 last year had different bows for one comp. They were our highest level team then.

Our gym just mentioned at the parent meeting last week about wanting to get rid of crossovers. Its just not a reality for all of our teams right now, unfortunately. We have grown alot this year though so hopefully soon that will be possible for us too. I know thats what they want. Even though the kids would do every team there if they were allowed :)
As much as kids love doing multiple teams I really like the fewer the crossovers the better idea. I know this isn't a possibility for every gym but I do think parents appreciate being dedicated to one team because it cuts down on time commitment and cost too.

As much as kids love doing multiple teams I really like the fewer the crossovers the better idea. I know this isn't a possibility for every gym but I do think parents appreciate being dedicated to one team because it cuts down on time commitment and cost too.

Yes I know our gym is trying to cut crossovers alot. I don't know how all parents feel but I know at some points last year I would have lost it trying more than one team. Hope everything works out to rid some crossovers this year and maybe I won't have to worry about that. It has to be tough.

Yes I know our gym is trying to cut crossovers alot. I don't know how all parents feel but I know at some points last year I would have lost it trying more than one team. Hope everything works out to rid some crossovers this year and maybe I won't have to worry about that. It has to be tough.

Random, but...I remember at our team party to kick off the season last year, we had a girl with a broken arm, so there was a crossover to fill in. Our gym owner was talking about finding a crossover temporary replacement for her. She was saying "i can to think of someone who was about her size, that could main base, who's mom would be willing to bring her another 2 nights a week". and i said "let me interrupt you right now for future reference I am NOT that mom...continue..." LOL.

Random, but...I remember at our team party to kick off the season last year, we had a girl with a broken arm, so there was a crossover to fill in. Our gym owner was talking about finding a crossover temporary replacement for her. She was saying "i can to think of someone who was about her size, that could main base, who's mom would be willing to bring her another 2 nights a week". and i said "let me interrupt you right now for future reference I am NOT that mom...continue..." LOL.

If our gym really did crossovers I would happily let Jaylen crossover. I mean idk what team she would cross to but it would be fun! Level 3 or 1 would be fine! Hah

And I'll agree to take your daughter to and from every practice if she wants to do Jaylens team. :)

If our gym really did crossovers I would happily let Jaylen crossover. I mean idk what team she would cross to but it would be fun! Level 3 or 1 would be fine! Hah

And I'll agree to take your daughter to and from every practice if she wants to do Jaylens team. :)

Well, since all the teams go to NCA, J wil have to cross to J2 and cp will have to cross to 4.2, oh wait, she's not old enough ;). Whew...I'm safe!

I have cps on both sides. And though I understand allowing level 5s in the gym whenever, I still pay for all the privates and clinics and classes both my kids do. Some parents in the gym don't, and trust, if I could save a few on this, I would. Further, I also think level 5s don't need as much individual instruction time as a level 1-4 might. I can send my daughter to the gym so she can just practice, but it's harder with my son because he needs actual coaching.

That's basically the gist of what I was going to post... Level 5 kids are most likely coming in to condition a pass that they already have, but the 1-4's need a little bit more attention from staff:)

Back