Special Needs Cheer Squad.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 25, 2012
Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for some of the rules for a special needs squad. I am specifically looking for helper to athlete ratio. How many helpers can be on the floor at a comp? Does the number depend on a specific disibility or is it the same for all? What are the helpers allowed to do while on the floor? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching some online sites but haven't found much. Thanks alot! Kim

Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for some of the rules for a special needs squad. I am specifically looking for helper to athlete ratio. How many helpers can be on the floor at a comp? Does the number depend on a specific disibility or is it the same for all? What are the helpers allowed to do while on the floor? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching some online sites but haven't found much. Thanks alot! Kim

The only event producer that currently scores based on number of helpers is Cheersport. If you will give me your email address, I'll send you their scoresheet and the explantion info from last year.

Anything the helpers do is fine, but the team score will be reduced accordingly.

Back