All-Star Spirit Cheer 2/12 - 13/2011 Hartford, CT

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty much a straight shooter and rarely complain about outcomes but WOW I am shocked...its nothing against any winning team but just strengthens the need for a unified scoresheet...the only thing consistant about varsity's score sheet is its inconsistancies...LOL...if that makes sence.

I'm pretty much a straight shooter and rarely complain about outcomes but WOW I am shocked...its nothing against any winning team but just strengthens the need for a unified scoresheet...the only thing consistant about varsity's score sheet is its inconsistancies...LOL...if that makes sence.
LOL make sense to me!!! The inconsistancies were ridiculous! We did have 2 teams that won but I am definitely not liking the score sheet. There were many organizations there that were NOT happy with varsity's score sheet NOR the inconsistancies with the judges!

Most of our teams won as well...but when your talking level 5 worlds divisions...GET IT RIGHT!!!!

I didnt like the scoring either. I like the varsity system but it just seems like they judged in their own way. My team got some really strange scores and so did a lot more teams that I know of. They judged more on difficulty then cleanliness which varisty is all about cleanliness. Plus it seemed more about the stunts then the tumbling. Deff wasn't pleased

How can a raw score go up for a team by 2 points from day 1 to 2....it is what it is...the routine didnt change...LOL...just the execution.

Both the teams I coach won, and I felt like the comments on the s/s where very constructive opposed to "add more tumbling" etc.. However the scoring itself confused me .. For the level 2 team I coach, on 1 s/s a judge scored us a little over 2 points lower then the other judge that was judging us. Sense it wasent category judging I'm wondering where the consistency was myself. How can one judge see us as near perfect and the other not so much?? Not complaing are score was extremely high and we won but the other coach and I were just confused. Maybe that judge was a "lower" scoring judge but none the less there should be some consistency in how there scoring and what there looking for in order to score a certain way.

I didnt like the scoring either. I like the varsity system but it just seems like they judged in their own way. My team got some really strange scores and so did a lot more teams that I know of. They judged more on difficulty then cleanliness which varisty is all about cleanliness. Plus it seemed more about the stunts then the tumbling. Deff wasn't pleased
LOL in a few of our divisions it seemed just the opposite...they did not reward enough for difficulty...
the inconsistency from day 1 to day 2 was ridiculous!

How can a raw score go up for a team by 2 points from day 1 to 2....it is what it is...the routine didnt change...LOL...just the execution.

I had a raw score go up 4 pts from day one, our routine didint change and practically hit the same. Where the score raised the most... routine creativity and skill creativity. Dont know how that changes with the same routine.

Back