All-Star Spirit Cheer 2/12 - 13/2011 Hartford, CT

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw that Sparks team in warmups (not even on the mats yet) doing jumping jack around 7. They were the only ones in there while there was pretty much a break/dance party going on. There was a huge break then Sparks went and awards followed immediately around 8.

yeah my team wasn't supposed to go until about 7:20 as the last team then people from the comp. told my coaches we were being moved earlier because of the level 5 crossovers. while my team was warming up i saw sparks sitting there & way after the dance party when it was to the point we were all laying around waiting i saw a huge mob of sparks people run into the warmup area lol idk if hall a was really behind or something

yeah my team wasn't supposed to go until about 7:20 as the last team then people from the comp. told my coaches we were being moved earlier because of the level 5 crossovers. while my team was warming up i saw sparks sitting there & way after the dance party when it was to the point we were all laying around waiting i saw a huge mob of sparks people run into the warmup area lol idk if hall a was really behind or something

The A hall got almost an hour behind day 2. The sparks junior 5 was waiting in line forever. i think they should have just moved them up and got them onto the stage so their crossovers can go. Our IOC 5 didnt go on until an hour after they were supposed. I love sparks but i think its insane that they have a lot of crossovers from the level 5 to level 2

I think they were. But I can't really be sure because teams were performing out of order from the schedule I had

The A hall got almost an hour behind day 2. The sparks junior 5 was waiting in line forever. i think they should have just moved them up and got them onto the stage so their crossovers can go. Our IOC 5 didnt go on until an hour after they were supposed. I love sparks but i think its insane that they have a lot of crossovers from the level 5 to level 2

If Sparks girls want to cheer 2 teams and are senior aged, their only option is senior 2

you think its insane to have ONE girl cross over from junior 5 to senior 2?

I would just like to say that I was super impressed with USA Wildcats Sr lg 3. I believe they had a fall on day one but still managed to get level 3 grand champs!

thank you so much!! my team was so bummed after day 1, but they went out on Sunday & nailed it!!

thank you so much!! my team was so bummed after day 1, but they went out on Sunday & nailed it!!
Unfortunately, I only saw them day 1. We competed right after them (sr sm 3) due to one of our members being late on Saturday and I missed them on day 2. Do you know if there's a video anywhere?

you think its insane to have ONE girl cross over from junior 5 to senior 2?

they have most of their level 5 kids on either youth 2 and senior 2. yes, it is insane among other things. Not exactly the way I would want to win a division, and I can't think of many gyms who play the same game, but it is legal. Praying for the crossover rule to pass (wish they would address the level crossovers as well) so they can't team stack any more. When you have kids that can throw a double-full on level 1 and 2 teams, there is something very wrong.

I agree that there should be more of a reason for having someone crossover than because they "want to cheer on two teams". I don't have a problem with somebody filling in if they NEED somebody for a position, but team stacking is a little bit wrong. I'm a little bit more forgiving of the practice if it's a smaller gym though, because it's kind of one of those "danged if you do and danged if you don't" things! As a smaller gym, it's probably going to be a challenge to make a level 2 team that competes with a team like say, Stingrays, who yes, will have a true level 2 team, but have an abundance of kids at every level, unless you use crossovers. But I do think it's much more impressive to be true to level, using a bunch of crossovers is kind of a cop-out!

they have most of their level 5 kids on either youth 2 and senior 2. yes, it is insane among other things. Not exactly the way I would want to win a division, and I can't think of many gyms who play the same game, but it is legal. Praying for the crossover rule to pass (wish they would address the level crossovers as well) so they can't team stack any more. When you have kids that can throw a double-full on level 1 and 2 teams, there is something very wrong.
youth 2 has 2 girls from open 5 but i might be wrong on that. and senior 2 has 1 girl from maven 1 girl from open 5, none of which have a double. actually i think 2 of the 4 have a full. i personally think that is an okay amount of crossovers!

Back