All-Star Spirit Fest 3/11-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes but why travel all the way here.....there has to b many comps to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they liked their odds at this comp. Who knows?

FL teams come to the northeast to chase bids because there is usually a rule at the bid comps that say something along the lines of "must bring 75% of program to be eligible for a bid unless you are x-amount of miles away".

This way, a team can schedule a last minute bid attempt without having to worry about formalities and putting more financial pressure on the other parents in the gym.

Someone correct me, but Top Dog has come up this way for the last few years. (Pretty sure they were at SpiritFest last year), and TG has definitely come to the northeast in the past. No different then teams from up here going west or south for bids.

Someone correct me, but Top Dog has come up this way for the last few years. (Pretty sure they were at SpiritFest last year), and TG has definitely come to the northeast in the past. No different then teams from up here going west or south for bids.

Top dog has been in RI past few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Dog has gotten paid at Athletic in RI the past two years I think. When BSB came they got paid as well. It still seems odd to me since you would spend far more than $650 to compete here and these teams in particular are good enough to get paid elsewhere, but I can see why there are gyms who would do it.

No offense but who the heck wants to come to New England in the winter?
Someone who needs a bid. Lots of teams go to bid events outside their geographical area because they think it may provide a better opportunity. I wouldn't think the NorthEast is a great choice for a Summit bid, since the teams up here are all strong in the lower levels, but for a Worlds bid, late in the season, why not take the chance?

Top Dog has gotten paid at Athletic in RI the past two years I think. When BSB came they got paid as well. It still seems odd to me since you would spend far more than $650 to compete here and these teams in particular are good enough to get paid elsewhere, but I can see why there are gyms who would do it.

Brandon coming up north for a bid was odd to me at the time - it's not like it would be hard for them to get a paid bid anywhere. I don't think they've come back since that one season though. Top Dog probably feels it's easier up here, but they haven't always left with a paid bid.

It's expensive to buy a plane ticket to bid chase though - especially if the plan is to only come if they still need a bid.

If you really need a bid you should go to the events in the North West. Pac West is this weekend and there's 2 AL bids and only 2 teams without a bid. I think another event in the North West this year had similar ratios.

This competition is the same weekend as UCA Internationals... and looking at which teams are going where, it's interesting to see Top Gun (Naples) send their Worlds team so far north to go after a full-paid bid. It appears they would have a higher chance of earning one at UCA. This is going just by sheer number of competitors though (factoring in which teams already has what type of bid), they probably think competition for a bid is steeper at UCA? Who knows?

Back