All-Star Sponsors/fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2014
I love cheer and I'd love the chance to do allstars, but my family just can't afford it. I can't get a job because of my schedule with high school cheer, schoolwork, and all stars. I thought getting sponsored would be the best way to go; however, I'm not sure which companies would be willing to do so. None of the local companies in my area would and the cost of the season is a little less than $3,000. I talked to the gym and they said I could have a spot on Sr 4 if I could find a sponsor before camp, which is in July. I need to find a sponsor pretty soon if anyone knows how to get one/who to ask.

The best thing to do may be to find a few? Our gym has a sponsorship program where depending on how much you donate, you get different things (space on banner, t shirt, plaque, etc). 75% goes directly to the athlete, the other 25% basically covers the expenses or goes to the booster club if there is extra. No one sponsor is going to cover all of my season, but I'm hoping to get a few to donate to cover most of it!

I've heard that car dealerships may be a good place to check. I'm going to get my CP in her uniform and add a cover-sheet to the sponsorship packet that has her picture and a little background info about her and we're just going to hit the streets. Try your Dr. office, dentist, dry cleaners, and any other place that you frequent fairly often.

Also try Insurance Agents and Real Estate companies. They like to get their names out there to get business!

Businesses should be willing to help, I believe this should count as a charitable tax deduction for them but someone should probably look into that before you try bringing that up when looking for sponsors.

Businesses should be willing to help, I believe this should count as a charitable tax deduction for them but someone should probably look into that before you try bringing that up when looking for sponsors.
Our gym talked to a lawyer about it and they said because of the way it's run (going to individuals) it can't be a charitable deduction but they can write it off as advertising. Not sure if that applies to every gym but that's just what we were told

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

depends. if you're donating to a booster club on behalf of an athlete, and that booster club is registered as a 501(3)(c) organization, it should be deductible. double check with the booster club ahead of time, though.

It would need to be able to count as a booster club for tax charity write off. Otherwise, it won't work because all star gyms are for profit.

We even had our cp's write a sponsor letter to family. It basically said instead of us hitting you up every month for cheese balls, candles, butterbraids, pizza, etc. would you consider just sponsoring any dollar amount. We were able to send to family far away and made sure to list the past accomplishments as well and the goals for the upcoming season and a breakdown of the cost associated with achieving those goals. We had good luck with that but I know that some people have a hard time asking for money without giving anything in return. We only did it once a few years ago but this will be cp's first year at worlds ( Hopefully) so I expect we'll do it again.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

depends. if you're donating to a booster club on behalf of an athlete, and that booster club is registered as a 501(3)(c) organization, it should be deductible. double check with the booster club ahead of time, though.
But legally...money that goes to booster club can not be earmarked for a specific athlete. Rather it must go to all members of the booster club or a specific team is acceptable as well. Many choose to ignore this rule because "that's how xyz does it", but if audited, booster club could face huge fines. So it's kind of a game of Russian roulette... Chances of getting audited are slim, but if you do...well, I guess make sure you have a second set of books ;)

Back