Sponsorship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 19, 2014
Hey... Need help/advice! My daughters love cheer and they only way they get to participate is thru our community business and friends and family whom sponsor them. We go to the same sponsors/business each year and we give them a picture collage each year of them of their accomplishments from the prior year and then a sponsorship letter to ask them for an additional donation for the upcoming year. My wife and I work very hard at this since I am the only one whom can work due to my sons health. Our medical bills and etc overwhelm me and I am very thankful for my communities help...which is a very small town in it self. Last year we collected almost $1200 which we had about $600 left at the end of the year and then this year we collected about $900. Which thank the lord we have about $1500 for them to use in the upcoming years since the recreation team is the only one whom can collect sponsorship money. To explain...Now currently my youngest daughter is on the towns recreation squad and next year she will move to the middle school. Tonight the coach told me that any unused money in her recreation account at the end of this year can't be transferred even though they did it before when my oldest moved up from rec to middle and now she is in high school. My question is this.... all three squads... Recreation, Middle, and High School are affiliated and with out the extra money that's in my daughter recreation account; next year my daughters will be unable to cheer at middle school and high school with their competitions team because we will not have the money to do so.... since the recreation team is the only one by the coaches whom is allowed to collect sponsors. Now so you all know each sponsor whom gives name appears on the back of our current years sponsor t shirt and on our websites. First I want to know if this is right, can they legally do this to us? They are basically forcing us to give it away to others. Why is this sooo? My daughters name was on very check or cash we collected that was turned in. I know this is a lot of rambling but I need help ASAP! Thanks in advance.... LOST CHEER DAD

Something similar happened to us a few years ago. We were involved in a track club and many of the children, including my own, qualified for the Junior Olympics. As a team we held car washes to raise funds and they also gave us a form letter to hand out to businesses for donors/sponsors. I was working as a waitress and a prominent local businessman was my regular customer as were 2 others I gave the forms to. I know for a fact that at least he donated (not sure of the amount) and we participated in all the car washes under the impression that all of us would share the donations. Well it turns out that the head coach used the funds raised for 2 families to share a rented passenger van (driving from PA to Iowa), and their tolls and gas along the way. Totally outraged but we were told that all monies raised were part of the Club to disperse at their discretion. Needless to say we didn't go back and did not seek legal advice. So maybe just meet with an attorney and find out if you have a right legally to the funds?

I know that you said that your daughter's name was on each check, but who was the check made out to?

Back