OT Sports Management Majors

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 10, 2010
I'm doing a paper on the effectiveness of Sports Management as a degree versus a concentration under Management in general. My criteria are:
  • classes available at certain schools
  • jobs available under the degree or concentration (management more broad than sports management)
  • acceptance rate of the jobs (job related to degree/hired because of degree)
I'm looking to see if anyone on here has gone to school for or is currently going to school for that degree so I can use the information for my paper. If so, please respond here or if you don't want it public on here then you can PM me!

THIS PAPER IS FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES ONLY. IT WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED ANYWHERE WITHOUT CONSENT OF THOSE INVOLVED.

Love you all!

I learned about it in my foundations of exercise science class last year. As far as classes, the major program isn't available at a majority of colleges but more schools are starting to get it. Usually if your school has it it is a related major of exercise science so the classes would be similar. The field of jobs is good there's lots of places that you could work under a bunch of different specialties. Like marketing and stuff. The competitiveness for jobs is pretty normal since it's still a growing field. That's all I could think of right now but if I think of anything else I'll post again lol.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

@shawtyyBHADDx3 I know of a lot of schools with it as a major as this is actually my intended major :p I got into 8 colleges under the Sports Management/Marketing field

Wow , when I was applying there were like 2 schools that had it as a major that I was looking at

The schools I got into were University of Oregon, Florida Gulf Coast University, Lenoir-Rhyne University, University of North Florida, Stetson University, Flagler College, and University of Central Florida. Some schools I know of that offer it that I didn't apply to are Catawba College, University of Massachusetts Amherst, and Auburn University. Here's a better list: Sport Management Programs: United States | North American Society for Sport Management

I'm doing a paper on the effectiveness of Sports Management as a degree versus a concentration under Management in general. My criteria are:
  • classes available at certain schools
  • jobs available under the degree or concentration (management more broad than sports management)
  • acceptance rate of the jobs (job related to degree/hired because of degree)
I'm looking to see if anyone on here has gone to school for or is currently going to school for that degree so I can use the information for my paper. If so, please respond here or if you don't want it public on here then you can PM me!

THIS PAPER IS FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES ONLY. IT WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED ANYWHERE WITHOUT CONSENT OF THOSE INVOLVED.

Love you all!
Ferris state university in michigan has a pro golf management and a pro tennis management program you could look them up to see what their criteria is. When I was in school ages ago people came from all over the world for their golf program. I had a suite mate from japan

Ferris state university in Michigan has a pro golf management and a pro tennis management program you could look them up to see what their criteria is. When I was in school ages ago people came from all over the world for their golf program. I had a suite mate from japan

My friend just dropped out of their automotive engineering program up there so he was telling me about how his roommate was a Sports Management major :p

You already know i'm a sports management/marketing major but if you do need any help let me know :) (Not that I would be of much help since I am at FSCJ still) :p

Thanks everyone! My rough draft isn't due until a week from today so if I do come up with some stuff I'll let you all know!

Looks like I'm a little late for helping on your paper, but Im majoring in health & fitness at my school. The Health & fitness major has 3 concentrations:
1. Nutrition
2. Exercise science (mine)
3. Sports management

If anyone is interested in studying something similar, feel free to ask questions about my school/ program. I'm a senior, if that helps

South Carolina couples Sport Management with Entertainment into a program called Sport and Entertainment management. It's a whole department under the HRSM school. (College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management)

It was also my minor!

Back