Spotters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Omg I'm dying.. Im sitting here wondering the whole time why this spotter was stalking or following her. Then when I read the last post I realized that she means how to not depend on them so much and or get the confidence to throw it with out them standing there.

Seriously y'all made my laugh so hard I cried. 1000 shimmys for all of you!

this poor girl is probably so confused. :D

it does help to build strength, ask your spotter for conditioning to do that will help with your skill.
you could also try asking them if they could spot you a liiitttle bit lighter.

drills help, too. i always go to fortheloveoftumbling.com for drills/conditioning. good luck!

cheer4life210
It seems like my main role as spotter is to "just stand there" lol. This seems to help my girls. It's a confidence thing. If you're strong and executing the skill correctly 100% of the time you can 86 the spotter. If not, it's ok to need them until you do. Strong athletes are confident athletes so make sure you're conditioning.

Good luck honey and I hope we didn't confuse or scare you. I couldn't help myself with a little bit of teasing!

cheer4life210
It seems like my main role as spotter is to "just stand there" lol. This seems to help my girls. It's a confidence thing. If you're strong and executing the skill correctly 100% of the time you can 86 the spotter. If not, it's ok to need them until you do. Strong athletes are confident athletes so make sure you're conditioning.

Good luck honey and I hope we didn't confuse or scare you. I couldn't help myself with a little bit of teasing!

Thanks! I was kinda like what for a minute but then I got it! LOL! You guys are hilarious :)

Omg I'm dying.. Im sitting here wondering the whole time why this spotter was stalking or following her. Then when I read the last post I realized that she means how to not depend on them so much and or get the confidence to throw it with out them standing there.

Seriously y'all made my laugh so hard I cried. 1000 shimmys for all of you!

I didn't get that that was the issue until I read your post. Thank you for clarifying.

but I guess if you really want to get rid of a spotter, Run really far before you tumble a few times in a row so they start setting up far away and then on the next one do a power hurdle
I had to laugh because my 6yo actually does this all the time.

All you need to do is hit them during your tumbling. They will be scared :p

Just build up your confidence to throw the skill by yourself, you can do it!

Back