Standing Backhandspring Hep

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 18, 2011
I have been working on my standing bhs lately, but when I do it, it´s really slow and I land on my knees all the time. Any tips/help? Thanks :)

I have been working on my standing bhs lately, but when I do it, it´s really slow and I land on my knees all the time. Any tips/help? Thanks :)

Keep your head in, fixes landing on Knees a lot of times but without seeing it I'm just guessing

I agree with the head in. Try and keep your arms glued to your eyes when your flipping and push through your shoulders and toes to get more power! Also make sure you are sitting in the handspring and not just flipping backward. And make sure you keep your arms locked out and legs together:)

Not trying to hijack but I'm having problems with landing to hard on my hands. What do I have to do to have a softer landing and then be able to snap out of it better?

If your landing hard you your hands your going up more than back. when you go back like your supposed to you just flick off of your hands. i had the same problem. make sure you squeeze your abs, but and thighs especially, so that you snap harder; pushing out of your toes and standing up right away always helps too.

Back