All-Star Bad bruising on inside of knees?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2024
Hey folks, first post here, Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place....
My 13yo daughter is getting very bad bruising on the inside of both knees. I think her knees are hitting together very hard when she does any landing.
Anyone else been through this issue, and are there specific strengthening exercises she could do to keep this from happening as much?

Thx!!

I personally bruise like a peach and had those bruises inside of my knees during my entire cheer career. I'm not sure there is much you can do for that?

Just guessing here, but if she's landing with her feet together, she may not be able to prevent that. If she's landing with feet apart, I'd suggest trying to strengthen her leg muscles as her knees may be collapsing in on the landing, which isn't great overall. But in general, female athletes tend to have higher incidents of knee problems because we don't strengthen them as much as male athletes seem to. Squats, lunges, side lunges/squats, deadlift exercises, female athletes should be training all the leg muscles in all directions to help prevent knee injuries (prevention, mind you). Body weight for younger athletes and with adding weights as they get into middle teens and older.

Back