Standing Full Trouble :(

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2013
My gym really wants me to excell, and to go to level 5. I'm trying to get my full (on trampoline). When I try to do it, I whip, and do everything right, but i end up doing a demented tuck. Some people say I have to whip my neck with it, but I've tried and it's only gotten me to a half. Others say I need to set, tuck and then pull. I've honestly watched every video, went to every full clinic, and googled it. I NEED HELP! Thanks!

I used to have the same issue, it got to the point where i could only do standing fulls straight legged. The main thing you wait to think about is incorperating the spin and tuck at the same time. dont think spin until you begin to bring your knees up. when you get to the highest part of your set, pull your shins over whichever should your spin with, drop that elbow, and look at your elbow as you drop it. Some people prefer to pull the opposite knee with their opposite hand to speed up their rotation. I tend to think that if your rotation is fast enough and you can control your hips, pulling with your hands isnt necessary.

Heres a drill my coach made me use to get my standing full higher.
1) stack a cheese mat high enough on top of other mats so that it is just below shoulder level
2) stand facing away from the mat, but close enough to be able to jump back onto it
3)jump and set as high as possible so that your hips and butt land up on the mat
4) at the height of your set, pull your knees quickly over your right/left shoulder
5) finish your spin by rolling down the cheese mat.
If you cant finish your rotation, pull your knees faster

do this repeatedly, making it higher up every few times. this will teach you to pull your knees faster for a faster spin. hope it works out :)

Back