Standing Tuck Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 1, 2013
I'm looking to be on a level 4 team but I just can't hit my standing tuck. I end up on my knees everytime. Do you guys think I would have any chance in making a level 4 if I don't have it? Do you have any tips for getting a tuck?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I had the same problem with my standing tuck. My problem was that I would drop my shoulders instead of setting all the way to the top of my jump. What helped me was taking a standing tuck clinic at my gym and now I have it solid! So you could see if your gym offers something like that, or take a private.

I would, if I were in your position, keep working with my coaches on my standing tuck. Some tips I have for standing tucks are not throwing your head back, set high and then grab your legs tight, and open your hips as you go over. Those things help you rotate better! If they don't put you on a level 4 team at tryouts work hard and move up in the middle of the season! Level three is still a great level to be on!

I would, if I were in your position, keep working with my coaches on my standing tuck. Some tips I have for standing tucks are not throwing your head back, set high and then grab your legs tight, and open your hips as you go over. Those things help you rotate better! If they don't put you on a level 4 team at tryouts work hard and move up in the middle of the season! Level three is still a great level to be on!

Thanks for the advice!

A lot of good advice here. Also premeditative training is important. Feel inside your mind doing everything perfectly.

V.I.Z.U.A.L.I.Z.E!!
And make sure, no matter What, you don't release until you've landed. I find it that most of the time the issue is not the tuck itself, but that the Cheerleader gets scared or whatever and releases the tuck early.
So My advice is HOLD TIGHT and keep pulling.

Back