Standing Tuck Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2011
I have been working on my standing tuck for a while and my coach continues to tell me that my hips are foward and I need to look at my shins. I listen to what he says but sometimes it doesn't work. Is there any tips or drills that would help me get my stnading tuck faster, before the season starts?

abs abs abs....my cp got better too doing jumps with leg weights....strength is EVERYTHING!!!

What kind of ab workouts do you suggest? And do you have any other jump tips?
v-ups....leg lifts...another thing my girls both did to get it....they never left a practice or cheer time without attempting at least 5 standing tucks...that helped a lot!!!

I have been working on my standing tuck for a while and my coach continues to tell me that my hips are foward and I need to look at my shins. I listen to what he says but sometimes it doesn't work. Is there any tips or drills that would help me get my stnading tuck faster, before the season starts?

i also have been working on my standing tuck as well. i throw mine on the tumble track, the resi pit, the rod floor, the regular spring floor. and i just cant seem to land it on the spring floor. i recently started doing standing tucks off of every surface immaginable. Some i have even created myself. Just doing that alone and getting the feel of throwing by yourself and landing perfectly everytime will give you spot on standing tucks. i now have mine, not perfect, but who is? and hopefully this will help you :) Plus a major help tip, i get really lazy and hate doing this but it has helped so much with keeping my head in and getting great height. its pike jumps, do 15 a day for a month and i could garentee that you will have it or be extremely close!

Back