Standing Tuck Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 5, 2010
Hey everyone I wish I had a video of it, but recently for my standing tucks and even sometimes my running I will arch my back or set myself like I am going for a whip. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how I can change this?

are you spotting a point on the wall in front of you? try that, if you're throwing your head back that could be why you're arching your back

are you spotting a point on the wall in front of you? try that, if you're throwing your head back that could be why you're arching your back
I usually look straight in front of me before throwing, but I will definitely try looking at a specific point on the wall next time! Thank you:)

This may sound absolutely crazy, but when I was speaking with Debbie Love she had said this. To prevent throwing your head back try and press the back of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. If you try it just now you'll find that it squeezes a bunch of neck muscles. Sound nuts, but I can see how it would work.

You want to set the highest you can and put your tongue and the the roof of your mouth, you also need to make sure you do not throw your head back. You need to bring your legs to your chest and it should rotate you around, Good Luck!

Back