Standing Tuck... Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 6, 2014
So I am on a senior level 3, for the 2nd time and I have a running back tuck but I cannot do a standing tuck. I try it a lot by myself but I always land on my knees, not fully get in over. Any tips? I really need help!! Anything is appreciated. Thanks!!

Sometimes I do, she spots me a lot and I do it perfect. But when she says do it on my own I can't land. Tomorrow I have required tumbling classes.. For the first time.

Sometimes I do, she spots me a lot and I do it perfect. But when she says do it on my own I can't land. Tomorrow I have required tumbling classes.. For the first time.
She's probably doing more than you think if you can't get your feet around. Make sure you're setting high and keeping your head neutral. Don't open up early. Keep your knees to your chest and use your abs.

I swing then I reach up as high as I can and just and grab my Under thighs to not look like a plane.

I swing then I reach up as high as I can and just and grab my Under thighs to not look like a plane.
Right, that'd be the correct way to do it. It's really hard to tell where you're going wrong without a video. Your tumbling instructor should be able to give you tips and drills too.

So I am on a senior level 3, for the 2nd time and I have a running back tuck but I cannot do a standing tuck. I try it a lot by myself but I always land on my knees, not fully get in over. Any tips? I really need help!! Anything is appreciated. Thanks!!
i had the same problem... make sure you set up and pull your shins over instead of tucking your leafs like most people say to do. hope this helped!

Yeah - there are no standing tucks till level 4. The mechanics of a standing tuck and a running tuck out of a round off or bhs are drastically different.

There can be so many different issues w/ a standing tuck (many of which lead to landing on your knees) - the next time you're in the gym on a soft floor w/ a coach spotting you, maybe have someone take a video. Of course, you'd hope the coach should be able to tell you what the issue is.

Which means she cannot throw a standing back tuck in competition regardless of when she gets it this season.

But she also added "for the 2nd time" indicating she would like to get level 4 skills so she can move up.

I would recommend a different tiling coach. Sometimes a different approach to teaching is very helpful. Good luck.

Back