High School Starting Hs Cheer Sqaud

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 4, 2014
So at my school we co-op for football because we are such a small school so our cheer squad is co-op too. But for our basketball games we don't have a cheer Sqaud, but we have a dance team which I'm on, but I really want there to be a cheer Sqaud, we used to have one because we have old uniforms and poms. The athletic director was thinking about making a Spirit Squad to incorporate cheer and dance, which I think they should do but the dance team girls might not join because they don't like cheer and the cheer girls want to do more stunts instead of dance! So I don't know what to do but I really want to get something together with people who are willing to join to take to the principal and school board. My question is how do I put it together and talk to the principal about it ??

- stay fierce

Maybe you could propose a Spirit Program, comprised of a dance team and a cheer team. I highly suggest preparing a detailed plan that outlines how much everything will cost, including equipment and uniforms. Make sure that your principal is actually okay with the cheer team stunting. If you would like some help crafting this plan, let me know so that I can help. Also, I feel that @oncecoolcoachnowmom and @ScottyB could give you some advice on this.

If you would like some help in how to write the proposal to your school, I just did one two years that was approved. I don't mind giving you a hand if you'd like. Let me know if you do and I'll dm you my email address.

Back