Starting My Own Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2013
I am new to the board, but not to Cheerleading. I am in the process of starting my own gym and am in desperate need of any mats or equipment!!! Cheer floor, mats, flexi roll, air track etc. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello Micahlee,
Did you check craigslist? Im in the same position as you and i found some mats that a church was using and i got 3 mats for $350.oo. They are in good shape and they are very long, double padded.

I have checked Craigslist in my area and only found a few preschool mats. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully something will come up. Ive seen some stuff on usgyms.net and nrasupply but most of that stuff is more expensive than I am wanting to spend. Thank you for your help!! :)

What is your budget like? When starting out, I've learned there is a different between "no money" and "small budget" ($20k+). In cheer world, even $20k doesn't scratch the surface to get equipment. I was in the no money category BTW. Haha
Keep checking Craigslist and things will pop up here and there... Also, just keep your eyes open for gyms selling stuff used. That's how we got our spring floor for super cheap!

I am new to the board, but not to Cheerleading. I am in the process of starting my own gym and am in desperate need of any mats or equipment!!! Cheer floor, mats, flexi roll, air track etc. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Have you checked the Cheer Market on the board? People have posted various things that they are selling! :)

Have you thought about renting in the beginning? I'm starting a new gym as well and we're in that "no money" catagory. We are renting space from a local gymnastics gym through the YMCA at a great rate! Best of luck with your season :)

I am in the Winnie/fannett Texas area. I have found a church that is going to let me use their huge basketball gym until I can find a space of my own. I'm just looking for a couple of flexi rolls even panel mats to start out with. Especially since I will only be in this space temporarily. Thanks for all the help from everyone!!!!

You might want to look into used/demo equipment on several sites i.e. Tiffin, Ross Athletic, etc. most of these places also offer financing. If you're willing to do a bit of traveling, you can also look into other gyms in the area who are selling used equipment or even check auctions (as strange as that may sound).

Back