Starting S5 Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 5, 2013
Does anyone from a 'successful' senior 5 program have any advice for my gym that is starting a senior 5 program. Right now we have about 15 athletes that are solid level 5 athletes, working on double, all have hand fulls, jumps to tucks, etc. I'm pondering if its worth adding the remainder of 5 athletes to max out our size but lose a little in the tumbling score, the 5 athletes have layouts, and jumps to tucks, just no fulls. Suggestions?

Also, we're loading up our compeititon schedule next season to go to the big events, I'm a firm believer of we have to get our butts kicked to learn how to win. Any suggestions besides the typical, NCA, UCA, Cheersport, Jamfest mix? Thanks!

:D

I would add the 5...you are maxed out on the # of tumblers just by having 75%. With the extra 5 it gives you the ability to put up an extra stunt group and make your pyramid more dynamic. The lower level kids may surprise you, putting them on a higher level team may give them the push they need to develop those level 5 skills!

does your 15 have 3-4 flyers, 3-4 backspots? or do you have 5 of each? are your other 5 strong bases? set up stunt groups in your head and you'll probably have your decision

I would not add them until they have the skill. My Cp old gym was notorious for that! She could never leave a team alone! When she would add kids that did not have the skill it was always a disaster. Last place, last place......5 seasons In a row!(we have now left) I strongly believe your only as good as your weakest athlete. Make them have level 5 skills before being on level 5! Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If they have solid quality lay outs they should have fulls by choreography. If that is the only skill they are missing that is their deadline in order to be on 5 without it they can train as alternates. Put the 4-5 in one stunt group that way if they do not get it it will only effect one stunt group not the whole team.

No advice as I'm just a mom, but as a fellow crown pointer, best of luck to you and your program this year in developing your dream. I will look forward to seeing your senior 5!

I would definitely use the prospect of them being on Level 5 as a motivator for them to get their fulls by a certain date. I personally wouldn't put them on the team without their Level 5 skills.

Back