All-Star Stc Sprung Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 4, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm on a level 5 cheerleading squad in the UK. We have just recently managed to get an industrial unit in which to train in (we used to train in the town hall). We are now desperate to get it fully kitted out with a sprung floor. For the past 10 years we have been training on dead mats but to see progression in our squad we feel the need to get a sprung floor, particularly for our tumbling!

I am therefore asking you all if you could vote for us to get a grant so that we can get that much needed sprung flooring. The coaches all dedicate their time voluntarily and it is a non for profit organisation. We are merely a squad that has formed in which to get children off the streets in a deprived area so that they do not chose the wrong path as such.

The web address is - http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/1211 You do have to register before you can vote but it only asks for an email address and your name (you can opt to not receive junk mail!).

Many thanks,
Sussex Tornados Cheerleaders

Is it really called a sprung floor in the UK? Spring floor. Loaded floor. I've heard those terms but never sprung floor. I'll go check out that link now! Good luck!

sprung is just the verb of spring isn't it?! Therefore, the same meaning?
and thanks to everyone who has voted, this really means a lot for us

voted for you! calling it sprung i think is just a habit in the uk its only been in the last few years that we have started to compete on it and the event coordinators called it a sprung floor so its all we've known it as.
Sussex tornados best of luck getting your floor! i know we could only dream of a gym but we are trying to get a spring track

Voted and shared on Facebook! I would love to have somewhere to put a floor and mats (we practise in school gymnasiums and are stuck with whetever sad excuse for mats they have there).

Voted. We're getting our sprung floor at the start of the new year, I cannot wait to have it, it will make a world of difference. It's always been called a sprung floor here in the UK, it stems from our gymnasts calling it that.

Voted, as an Aus cheerleader I feel your pain. Good luck!

thank you so much guys, if you could keep the votes coming in that would be great!

Back