All-Star Stingrays Black Restricted 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 20, 2012
so i saw on another thread of videos by division and saw stingrays black, and i was just wondering if they were in fact restricted? this is the video i saw:

im wondering because in the video, the last pass ends in a whip full, when is USASF rules it states
  1. Tumbling skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 1 twisting rotation.
In tumbling, twisting skills may ONLY be performed if immediately preceded by a back handspring(s) or round off.

ALSO- I am pretty sure that the first basket to go up in the basket section is intended to be a hitch kick double, which is also illegal in restricted 5. However its a touch angle so it could be a hitch kick full.
So can someone please just clarify whether the parts in the routine are illegal, or if theres a mixup and Stingrays are NOT restricted please? :)

so i saw on another thread of videos by division and saw stingrays black, and i was just wondering if they were in fact restricted? this is the video i saw:

im wondering because in the video, the last pass ends in a whip full, when is USASF rules it states
In tumbling, twisting skills may ONLY be performed if immediately preceded by a back handspring(s) or round off.

ALSO- I am pretty sure that the first basket to go up in the basket section is intended to be a hitch kick double, which is also illegal in restricted 5. However its a touch angle so it could be a hitch kick full.
So can someone please just clarify whether the parts in the routine are illegal, or if theres a mixup and Stingrays are NOT restricted please? :)

can't speak to legality but they're were listed on the schedule as restricted

The tumbling is legal because they have backhandsprings preceeding their fulls. Also the baskets are legal because they only hitch kick full, they do not hitch kick double.

The last pass in running tumbling is a whip punch full = illegal. I am betting that since this event is fairly early in the season, the safety judge caught it, warned them on it, and it will not be there next time they compete.

Were they competing against anyone? I know sometimes if our team is the only one in that division, our coaches will let an athlete or two throw a skill they've been working really hard on, even if it's a level up.

Were they competing against anyone? I know sometimes if our team is the only one in that division, our coaches will let an athlete or two throw a skill they've been working really hard on, even if it's a level up.

They only competed against Spice.

Back