All-Star Stunt Class??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter is a flyer and she has had several stunting privates with all coaches beneath her. She loves these and is able to really challenge herself with new stunts. The coaches can feel what she is doing wrong and correct her whereas her stunt group may not feel so free to offer advice.

At a recent practice her group was struggling so two coaches stepped in and replaced the bases. They went through the stunt sequence, corrected my daughter, then put the real bases back in one at a time leaving a single coach still in the group to evaluate the other base. I loved this approach. It was a very effective teaching mechanism.

although it seems to be helpful, does anyone find that they/their CP strive only with coaches because of this? i understand the extra training, but does that ever become difficult to go from coaches that know what they're doing and are most likely way more powerful then switch to learning bases? i feel like it could be a hard transition because you/your cp would be used to stunting being easy with the coaches. im not claiming anything, i havent done any stunt classes, im just very curious :)

although it seems to be helpful, does anyone find that they/their CP strive only with coaches because of this? i understand the extra training, but does that ever become difficult to go from coaches that know what they're doing and are most likely way more powerful then switch to learning bases? i feel like it could be a hard transition because you/your cp would be used to stunting being easy with the coaches. im not claiming anything, i havent done any stunt classes, im just very curious :)

It can be hard. Similar to having a double on a tumble track and just a handspring series on the ground. But that is just the nature of the game. One year of not trying on her group and a flyer should be moved down levels until she realizes the importance of doing her job.

actual stunt group. because your stunt group has different ways & stunt differently than coaches. if your just trying to get balance in general but not with your stunt then go to a coach.

- The Cheer Barbie Shay

For me personally it's more that the coaches can tell me what I'm doing wrong and need to work on so when I go to practice with my actual group I'll be a better flyer using the corrections and tips!

Back