All-Star Stunt Groups Still Active?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
Ive only seen 1 or 2 stunt groups this season and they were at the same competition. Are there a lot of stunt groups or are we not going to the "right" competitions to see them?

I think it's a dying part of our sport, and that's okay. The focus is becoming more and more on the team and the competitive routines gyms are creating rather than a single stunt group.

Solos/duos/stunt groups are definitely a dying part of the sport at least near me.

Any solo or group I saw this season wasn't even competing against anyone.

I competed solos in middle and HS and I used to compete against maybe 5 or 6 more kids.

Solos/duos/stunt groups are definitely a dying part of the sport at least near me.

Any solo or group I saw this season wasn't even competing against anyone.

I competed solos in middle and HS and I used to compete against maybe 5 or 6 more kids.
wow... ;o this season I saw 3 girls doing a solo but of course that was at the same competition too. a girl from my gym for the 2015-2016 season had a solo for like the 1st 2 or 3 competitions and she wasn't against anyone. I've seen only 1 duet and I never saw a trio ;/

We have a few here. Personally, I wish Indy's would die quick. I get that the kids love it but I hate sitting through them. Especially since everyone gets an award cos there is usually only 1 kid in each division.

Group stunt is huge in the UK. Last I met a team that only had a Y1 but didn't have enough children for junior so the ones who aged out of youth did a stunt group instead. It worked for them. Also in the UK that are still alot of people who have insane stunting ability but for either lack of tumbling or can't get to a higher team due to distance so stunt group are a great way to show off

We have a few here. Personally, I wish Indy's would die quick. I get that the kids love it but I hate sitting through them. Especially since everyone gets an award cos there is usually only 1 kid in each division.
As a coach and parent, I am glad that there are still EPs who offer individuals and stunt group competitions. It allows those kids with the drive and determination, who may have skills they can't use on their team, a place to show off their hard work. Not only that, but it's a confidence thing. It takes a lot of guts to go out there on your own without your teammates and be judged solely.

Even the competitive high school teams in Australia have stunt groups so it's definitely still active here. But then again cheer is pretty behind compared to the USA.

I want to say we saw it at 2 or 3 competitions this year. The only time I enjoyed it was when the UF team came because they were interesting to watch.

Sweden still has a few. not as many as we have had i think but we still have it at atleast the regional comps and the national comps. we still have partner stunt too.

I've judged more than my fair share of level 1 individuals and duos. I understand why they're a thing, and that they're a money maker for EPs. But if I never saw another I'd be totally okay.

We have a fair number of stunt groups here. Usually they're kids with stronger stunting skills but their gym doesn't have a team for them, so they compete a level up.

Back