Stunt Legal For Nca Open Nationals High School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
I'm a bit confused on the NCA high school open nationals guidelines for Intermediate level. It says release moves must start below prep level and be caught at prep level, but then it lists minor tic toc variations as an advanced skill which can be done. Can someone clarify? The stunt we are doing is an extended lib braced with a double based prep that tic tocs to opposite leg lib then they release arms and the prep holds the lib's foot in a hitch. Thanks

I think you are confusing stunts and pyramids. Anytime a top person is braced, it becomes a pyramid. The way I read the intermediate rules for pyramids is that for all release moves that pass above 2 persons high, the top person must be braced by 2 (two) separate top persons at prep level or below with arm to arm contact only. So yes, they can tic toc, but they have to be braced by 2 people. Your description sounds like they are only braced by 1 person, which would not be allowed.

As for Minor tic toc variations...that is a tic toc that follows the Minor Release Move stipulations. So a Minor Release Move is a release move that begins below prep level and ends at prep level or below. So a minor tic toc variation would be a tic toc that begins below prep level and ends at prep level or below.

Make sense??

Thanks. Each competition words stuff so differently that it's hard to decider everything. Thanks

Back