Stunt Stands

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2013
Do you think stunt stands are too expensive for their use or do you think they are worth it?

Well, they are pretty expensive however its not overpriced because of the overall abilities with it. However, i wouldnt buy one. Try stacking paperback books to your desired height. It gives the balance and wobble of a real stunt. Remember to stay tit and never relax or it wont help

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Do you think stunt stands are too expensive for their use or do you think they are worth it?
We have been able to lower the price to $299 to make it more affordable for more of the market. The ability to adjust it to make it easier when you first begin learning a skill and then more difficult as you become better at the skill to simulate more difficult grips is what sets the Stunt Stand® Training Device apart from every product on the market. It also teaches the proper technique of flyers locking out their ankle and lifting up through their stunt no matter what grip the stunt group catches. Just my thoughts. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions at [email protected]

To be honest I would pay fifty dollars. Maybe eighty at most . I get it has cool features that no other stand or beam has but it's not worth 300$. My husband just made her a steel balance pedestal and she loves it! It works great!

We have been able to lower the price to $299 to make it more affordable for more of the market. The ability to adjust it to make it easier when you first begin learning a skill and then more difficult as you become better at the skill to simulate more difficult grips is what sets the Stunt Stand® Training Device apart from every product on the market. It also teaches the proper technique of flyers locking out their ankle and lifting up through their stunt no matter what grip the stunt group catches. Just my thoughts. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions at [email protected]
Hi! As a flyer and a coach, I have some questions:

How do the stunt stand grips innovate with technique innovation? For example, can it simulate the ruby slipper grip? Does it work on the cross leg full up?

When a new technique sweeps the industry, do you send out info to all stunt stand owners that tells them how to use the various inserts/settings to achieve the new skill?

Is the stunt stand able to simulate the sensation of your foot being gripped tightly, or at the wrong angle while a flyer pulls up and still hits a stunt?

What technology specifically allows a stunt stand to teach the technique of a flyer locking out their ankle and lifting up?

Have you got any quantitative/qualitative evidence-based research that shows investing in a stunt stand produces better, more competent flyers compared to those who use other devices, or no devices at all?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! As a flyer and a coach, I have some questions:

How do the stunt stand grips innovate with technique innovation? For example, can it simulate the ruby slipper grip? Does it work on the cross leg full up?

When a new technique sweeps the industry, do you send out info to all stunt stand owners that tells them how to use the various inserts/settings to achieve the new skill?

Is the stunt stand able to simulate the sensation of your foot being gripped tightly, or at the wrong angle while a flyer pulls up and still hits a stunt?

What technology specifically allows a stunt stand to teach the technique of a flyer locking out their ankle and lifting up?

Have you got any quantitative/qualitative evidence-based research that shows investing in a stunt stand produces better, more competent flyers compared to those who use other devices, or no devices at all?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

First of all I want to say thank you for all of your great questions and your interest in our product.

How do the stunt stand grips innovate with technique innovation? For example, can it simulate the ruby slipper grip? Does it work on the cross leg full up? We can not predict the future of stunting, but can say that the Stunt Stand® training device is by far the most adjustable to meet the future needs of any level of flyer. For full-ups; regardless of the grip that is on the foot, the flyer is being lifted up and rotating over a center spot. When the flyers use the Stunt Stand® device, they are gaining body awareness every time they stand up and rotate. If they do not rotate directly over their center, they will fall off to one side or the other. Full up rotations on the Stunt Stand® device should be practiced with a coach to help the flyer feel the sensation of standing straight up and staying in their "tube" while spinning to keep them from fishing around and teaching them to spin with their feet together. It actually spins extremely easy and takes little to no effort by the flyer to make it spin (contrary to some people's beliefs). The flyer can stand up on it as they would load in to a cross-legged full up, but only do a half-up (as the bases are the one who are spinning her the rest of the way. The flyer would still get the simulation of crossing her legs, and straightening them as they stand up with them straight. The full-up is a difficult stunt to simulate without actually using your bases, but mistakes like simple rotational and alignment techniques of the head and body can be felt and practiced before being lifted up.

When a new technique sweeps the industry, do you send out info to all stunt stand owners that tells them how to use the various inserts/settings to achieve the new skill? We currently do not email blast our customers every time someone finds a new way to practice something, but we do try to keep our video library updated (accessible for free 24/7) with different ways to adjust the Stunt Stand® device. Some of these videos can be seen here: Cheerleading Stunt Stand – Elite Edition | Cheerleading Stunt Stand

Is the stunt stand able to simulate the sensation of your foot being gripped tightly, or at the wrong angle while a flyer pulls up and still hits a stunt? We thought about making straps that you could tighten your foot onto the Stunt Stand® device but felt that for liability reasons this was impractical and on further thoughts, determined that if the flyer is able to hold her position while keeping her feet on the grips, then the extra assistance from fingers coming around the foot and the support from the backspot would make their stunts that more solid. It truly puts all of the work into the flyer and no excuses for falling off. You actually are able to simulate bad grips on your foot by adjusting the inserts. "Intermediate Stunting" videos 3 and 4 on our webpage here Cheerleading Stunt Stand – Elite Edition | Cheerleading Stunt Stand simulate your foot at an angle because we know that you won't always have a perfect grip on your foot which is also a downside to other stunting products on the market because rarely is someone going to be holding your foot perfectly flat.

What technology specifically allows a stunt stand to teach the technique of a flyer locking out their ankle and lifting up? The technology is in the grips and the ability to adjust it. This is the best question, because this is why we created the Stunt Stand® device in the first place. The grips allow athletes to start off learning a skill with the most support in their foot. They should practice locking out their ankle, leg, and body while keeping their foot stable. AS THEY PROGRESS, they begin making that grip more difficult by adjusting the inserts, BUT still locking out the ankle leg and foot. They can master a liberty from the beginning with most support and ADVANCE to where they can stand up on the smallest amount of support on their foot and still keep their center of gravity and ankle stable on the Stunt Stand® device. You can do this with literally every body position starting from the very beginning with the most support to mastering the stunt with the worst of grips on your foot. If you know of any other product on the market that is able to safely teach flyers to minimize the movement in their ankle in a progressive (easier to more difficult) fashion, I would love to see it and review it as I have never come across such a product. That is the only reason we invented the Stunt Stand® training device. I, personally, was tired of my flyers balancing through their ankles and not lifting up. Other products like balance boards, air filled cushions, and unstable surfaces teach the flyers to balance through their ankle because they are nearly impossible to stand up on, let alone practice pulling and HOLDING your body position for an extended period of time (5-10 seconds) without movement. The Stunt Stand® training device allows the flyer to lock out, lift up, and safely master their stunts.

Have you got any quantitative/qualitative evidence-based research that shows investing in a stunt stand produces better, more competent flyers compared to those who use other devices, or no devices at all? This is a tricky area to get information on as every human body is different and every persons level of talent and skill development varies depending on a huge number of factors. For this information, I would look to my customers and ask them what they think or if they have tried other products before. Some of them have been willing to share their experiences with us on our website here: Testimonials | Cheerleading Stunt Stand but I will continue to search for a way to quantify the difference.

If anyone who has used a Stunt Stand® training device has any comments on if it has helped them in their stunting and how please feel free to share as I would love your feedback!

Please feel free to ask any other questions about the product and I will be happy to answer them as best I can.

Safe Stunting,

Willis Yehl
Co-Owner & Inventor
Cheerleading Stunt Stand
Cheerleading Stunt Stand | The Best in Stunt Training Equipment
[email protected]

I have to be honest... Almost EVERY flyer I have had that has used a stunt stand has had self balancing and hip alignment issues...not TRYING to knock the product... But when I get them and they start to self balance and start leaning or favoring a hip... Often healing to over correct... Then Often stating that they don't feel bases are "stable"... I ask "did by any chance you train on a stunt stand?"... They answer..." YES"...

Hello,

First of all I want to say thank you for all of your great questions and your interest in our product.

How do the stunt stand grips innovate with technique innovation? For example, can it simulate the ruby slipper grip? Does it work on the cross leg full up? We can not predict the future of stunting, but can say that the Stunt Stand® training device is by far the most adjustable to meet the future needs of any level of flyer. For full-ups; regardless of the grip that is on the foot, the flyer is being lifted up and rotating over a center spot. When the flyers use the Stunt Stand® device, they are gaining body awareness every time they stand up and rotate. If they do not rotate directly over their center, they will fall off to one side or the other. Full up rotations on the Stunt Stand® device should be practiced with a coach to help the flyer feel the sensation of standing straight up and staying in their "tube" while spinning to keep them from fishing around and teaching them to spin with their feet together. It actually spins extremely easy and takes little to no effort by the flyer to make it spin (contrary to some people's beliefs). The flyer can stand up on it as they would load in to a cross-legged full up, but only do a half-up (as the bases are the one who are spinning her the rest of the way. The flyer would still get the simulation of crossing her legs, and straightening them as they stand up with them straight. The full-up is a difficult stunt to simulate without actually using your bases, but mistakes like simple rotational and alignment techniques of the head and body can be felt and practiced before being lifted up.

When a new technique sweeps the industry, do you send out info to all stunt stand owners that tells them how to use the various inserts/settings to achieve the new skill? We currently do not email blast our customers every time someone finds a new way to practice something, but we do try to keep our video library updated (accessible for free 24/7) with different ways to adjust the Stunt Stand® device. Some of these videos can be seen here: Cheerleading Stunt Stand – Elite Edition | Cheerleading Stunt Stand

Is the stunt stand able to simulate the sensation of your foot being gripped tightly, or at the wrong angle while a flyer pulls up and still hits a stunt? We thought about making straps that you could tighten your foot onto the Stunt Stand® device but felt that for liability reasons this was impractical and on further thoughts, determined that if the flyer is able to hold her position while keeping her feet on the grips, then the extra assistance from fingers coming around the foot and the support from the backspot would make their stunts that more solid. It truly puts all of the work into the flyer and no excuses for falling off. You actually are able to simulate bad grips on your foot by adjusting the inserts. "Intermediate Stunting" videos 3 and 4 on our webpage here Cheerleading Stunt Stand – Elite Edition | Cheerleading Stunt Stand simulate your foot at an angle because we know that you won't always have a perfect grip on your foot which is also a downside to other stunting products on the market because rarely is someone going to be holding your foot perfectly flat.

What technology specifically allows a stunt stand to teach the technique of a flyer locking out their ankle and lifting up? The technology is in the grips and the ability to adjust it. This is the best question, because this is why we created the Stunt Stand® device in the first place. The grips allow athletes to start off learning a skill with the most support in their foot. They should practice locking out their ankle, leg, and body while keeping their foot stable. AS THEY PROGRESS, they begin making that grip more difficult by adjusting the inserts, BUT still locking out the ankle leg and foot. They can master a liberty from the beginning with most support and ADVANCE to where they can stand up on the smallest amount of support on their foot and still keep their center of gravity and ankle stable on the Stunt Stand® device. You can do this with literally every body position starting from the very beginning with the most support to mastering the stunt with the worst of grips on your foot. If you know of any other product on the market that is able to safely teach flyers to minimize the movement in their ankle in a progressive (easier to more difficult) fashion, I would love to see it and review it as I have never come across such a product. That is the only reason we invented the Stunt Stand® training device. I, personally, was tired of my flyers balancing through their ankles and not lifting up. Other products like balance boards, air filled cushions, and unstable surfaces teach the flyers to balance through their ankle because they are nearly impossible to stand up on, let alone practice pulling and HOLDING your body position for an extended period of time (5-10 seconds) without movement. The Stunt Stand® training device allows the flyer to lock out, lift up, and safely master their stunts.

Have you got any quantitative/qualitative evidence-based research that shows investing in a stunt stand produces better, more competent flyers compared to those who use other devices, or no devices at all? This is a tricky area to get information on as every human body is different and every persons level of talent and skill development varies depending on a huge number of factors. For this information, I would look to my customers and ask them what they think or if they have tried other products before. Some of them have been willing to share their experiences with us on our website here: Testimonials | Cheerleading Stunt Stand but I will continue to search for a way to quantify the difference.

If anyone who has used a Stunt Stand® training device has any comments on if it has helped them in their stunting and how please feel free to share as I would love your feedback!

Please feel free to ask any other questions about the product and I will be happy to answer them as best I can.

Safe Stunting,

Willis Yehl
Co-Owner & Inventor
Cheerleading Stunt Stand
Cheerleading Stunt Stand | The Best in Stunt Training Equipment
[email protected]
Thanks for the answers

I enjoy using a stunt stand for practicing body positions and it helps but other than using it to train full ups it has limited uses for how much money they cost

Back