High School Stunting At Away Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 22, 2014
Last year when we were at another school for an away basketball game I was confronted by the other team's coach while warming up our stunts, she told me we were not allowed to stunt at their school bc they didn't have the insurance to cover it and their girls aren't allowed to stunt. Does anyone know if that's legit? If my girls can stunt and have insurance and our school allows them to stunt, shouldn't they be able to stunt anywhere?

Yeah, I've experienced this before. It becomes a liability issue if one of your cheerleaders injures themselves on their district ground.

I've never heard of this, but I could see how it would be true. I don't buy the insurance thing, schools are covered, I think that's probably just an excuse for them to say they don't want you to. It's probably a rule from their own principal or athletic director.

This happened to us at one of our games last year. The other team's coach said the same thing, but then her team started to stunt. My coach asked her why they were allowed to stunt without the insurance but we weren't, but I'm not sure what the other coach said. Our coach decided it wasn't worth arguing over for one game and we just had more girls tumble in place of stunts.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Well your football players are allowed to tackle while at away games..... soooooo, you should be able to stunt. I would check with your school.

Back