High School Suggestions For Soccer/volleyball

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sideline, halftime, when to do stuff, etc. Does soccer have timeout? I've watched exactly zero soccer/volleyball games/matches in my lifetime.
I'm not sure if you're doing volleyball but I know some things lol. There's only 2 timeouts per set but they're only like 30 sec. for C/JV only 3 sets. 4 sets for Varsity. No halftime or quarter timeouts. I've only seen sideline cheer in college volleyball and they're usually behind the serving line. But make sure your girls are not in the way of the players because they're able to move out of bound (where cheerleaders probably be standing). Maybe ask the volleyball coach where the safest place to cheer. Also learn what is side out, Ace etc. good luck :)

Volleyball is the only sport I was ever cut from (I was really that bad) so I can't comment on that.

I played soccer for 3 years until I had to choose between cheer and soccer (obviously cheer won!) It's sad how much I don't remember. There is a halftime, I think the length is determined by the age level playing. 10 minutes maybe? High school could be different, I never played in high school. Pretty sure the clock doesn't stop unless there is an injury. I feel like there are timeouts, but I don't remember them being as common as basketball, probably because the clock keeps running. Matches don't typically score very high. A game scoring 1-3 points can be common. They call it dribbling when they are running & kicking the ball down the field. Many basketball chants could easily transfer over to soccer (dribbling, shooting, passing etc) Goals are worth 1 point. Girls soccer is usually fall and boys is spring.

Soccer is weird in that it can end in a tie. I think if it's an important game, they do overtime or a shootout, but usually it's just a tie. That always frustrated me since I come from a want to win mentality.

I've never seen a cheerleading squad at a soccer game. Check with the coach on where you should stand or if you should stay in the bleachers. If the ball goes out, then they do throw ins. You'll just want to make sure you're not in the way!

Volleyball is the only sport I was ever cut from (I was really that bad) so I can't comment on that.

I played soccer for 3 years until I had to choose between cheer and soccer (obviously cheer won!) It's sad how much I don't remember. There is a halftime, I think the length is determined by the age level playing. 10 minutes maybe? High school could be different, I never played in high school. Pretty sure the clock doesn't stop unless there is an injury. I feel like there are timeouts, but I don't remember them being as common as basketball, probably because the clock keeps running. Matches don't typically score very high. A game scoring 1-3 points can be common. They call it dribbling when they are running & kicking the ball down the field. Many basketball chants could easily transfer over to soccer (dribbling, shooting, passing etc) Goals are worth 1 point. Girls soccer is usually fall and boys is spring.

Soccer is weird in that it can end in a tie. I think if it's an important game, they do overtime or a shootout, but usually it's just a tie. That always frustrated me since I come from a want to win mentality.

I've never seen a cheerleading squad at a soccer game. Check with the coach on where you should stand or if you should stay in the bleachers. If the ball goes out, then they do throw ins. You'll just want to make sure you're not in the way!

Our dancers "cheered" for soccer! My sister was on the dance team but I only remember them performing at halftime, nothing else. But I also wasn't paying attention until halftime lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back