All-Star Summit Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So question did Bravo Bella's compete at athletics in providence also and so made them next in line? I'm really confused by this whole passing bids down thing!?! Lol

Bellas were at Athletic in Providence. They must have been next in line for an at large.

Bellas were at Athletic in Providence. They must have been next in line for an at large.
Here is the best answer I can provide to clarify this:

Summit Bids are typically but not always passed down to the next team in line based on Perfection Score/Level or other criteria contained in the individual competitions Summit Bid Declaration. This pass down is typically on an individual competition basis.

All that being said I have seen occasions where a team gets passed a bid that comes from the same brand but wasn't issued at the competition they attended. IE a team receives a pass down Wild Card Bid even though Wild Card Bids weren't offered at that competition. One of the teams at my daughter's gym(not my daughter's team) received one of these passed downs. The company that did this lists their summit bids at "judges discretion" in their declaration.

Here is the best answer I can provide to clarify this:

Summit Bids are typically but not always passed down to the next team in line based on Perfection Score/Level or other criteria contained in the individual competitions Summit Bid Declaration. This pass down is typically on an individual competition basis.

All that being said I have seen occasions where a team gets passed a bid that comes from the same brand but wasn't issued at the competition they attended. IE a team receives a pass down Wild Card Bid even though Wild Card Bids weren't offered at that competition. One of the teams at my daughter's gym(not my daughter's team) received one of these passed downs. The company that did this lists their summit bids at "judges discretion" in their declaration.

uhh I thought Wild Cards were not allowed to be passed down?

If you are correct I cannot account for where bid came from, did this brand just have an extra wild card bid "lying around"?
Do you feel comfortable identifying the competition? And how long after this team was notified that they were eligible for the bid?

Do you feel comfortable identifying the competition? And how long after this team was notified that they were eligible for the bid?
The competition n,o as I know a lot of the girls and parents on that team and don't want to negatively effect them. The timeframe yes, 3-4 days after the competition was completed. Competition offered zero Wild Card bids, just at large and paid. I can also tell you this was not a Chicago Area based competition, but instead one that was traveled for and it was what I would call midseason timeframe.

The competition n,o as I know a lot of the girls and parents on that team and don't want to negatively effect them. The timeframe yes, 3-4 days after the competition was completed. Competition offered zero Wild Card bids, just at large and paid. I can also tell you this was not a Chicago Area based competition, but instead one that was traveled for and it was what I would call midseason timeframe.

Let me add that I doubt this is the only time this has happened all season, I am sure it goes on quite often as I am certain Varsity has a minimum number of teams and/or athletes promised to Disney.

I agree that Wildcard bids are not passed down, but recently at a UCA competition that offered 3 WC bids they gave out 2 extra WC bids in the days and weeks following the competition. I'm not sure why the first extra was given, but the second was apparently due to a scoring or some other error.

I agree that Wildcard bids are not passed down, but recently at a UCA competition that offered 3 WC bids they gave out 2 extra WC bids in the days and weeks following the competition. I'm not sure why the first extra was given, but the second was apparently due to a scoring or some other error.

Maybe then these competitions do have extra wild cards lying around for these situations or to use as they see fit.

Let me add that I doubt this is the only time this has happened all season, I am sure it goes on quite often as I am certain Varsity has a minimum number of teams and/or athletes promised to Disney.
Interesting. Per Varsity's bid declaration, Wildcard bids must be accepted the day of the competition. So technically this shouldn't have happened. I would have thought it may have been due to a disqualification, but you state they didn't offer wildcards at all, so that's just bizarre, unless they should have offered wildcards and realized it after. But I have zero knowledge as to how they designated which comps offered wildcards.

Interesting. Per Varsity's bid declaration, Wildcard bids must be accepted the day of the competition. So technically this shouldn't have happened. I would have thought it may have been due to a disqualification, but you state they didn't offer wildcards at all, so that's just bizarre, unless they should have offered wildcards and realized it after. But I have zero knowledge as to how they designated which comps offered wildcards.

I can promise you even the parents of the kids on that team found it bizarre, and the acceptance of this bid kept them from earning an at large bid they would have a had a few weeks later.

I can promise you even the parents of the kids on that team found it bizarre, and the acceptance of this bid kept them from earning an at large bid they would have a had a few weeks later.
That's too bad :( I've read that the distribution of teams in the wildcard division is quite uneven. My guess is that this was an attempt to fix that.

That's too bad :( I've read that the distribution of teams in the wildcard division is quite uneven. My guess is that this was an attempt to fix that.
The overall bid distribution was a mess to begin with this year, but clearly if you look at the summit and wildcard block schedules, Youth 1, Junior 2 and Youth 3 were particularly in favor.

The overall bid distribution was a mess to begin with this year, but clearly if you look at the summit and wildcard block schedules, Youth 1, Junior 2 and Youth 3 were particularly in favor.
Honestly youth teams are almost always going to have a disproportionate number of wildcard bids compared to at large and paid. Since wildcard events guarantee a youth team a bid and typically the at large and paid bid events it's difficult to garner these as a youth team especially at the events that give out one paid and 5 at large. Out scoring junior and senior teams on the same level isn't easy.

So question did Bravo Bella's compete at athletics in providence also and so made them next in line? I'm really confused by this whole passing bids down thing!?! Lol

That is correct. The bid declaration at Athletics in Providence was 1 per level, Bravo Bella's is an S3 team, & were the next level 3 team eligible at that competition, therefore when Pro Hollywood J3 got a paid bid, their At Large Bid from Athletics went to the next highest scoring level 3 team from the competition they received the At Large Bid at.
Hope that helps!

Back