All-Star Summit Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there normally a split for 4.2 at other competitions?
It's been all over the place at the comps we went to, some comps divided 4.2 small/large and some didn't. Some also designated 4.2 coed and some didn't. But it's also my understanding that at some comps if a gym has more than one team in a division they can ask for a split, which may have affected this.

Wait? Didn't someone above say that if there are fewer than 5 teams they all go to finals? I'm not sure where people are getting this info from to even look??

Each year it has been the same. Also, this is cut and paste directly from the Varsity website's Summit, frequently asked questions.
How many teams advance to Finals on Sunday from Semi-Finals?
All divisions with 10 or less teams in Semi Finals will have 5 teams advance to finals.
All divisions with 11-19 teams in Semi Finals will have 50% of the division advance to finals.
All divisions with 20 or more teams in Semi-Finals will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals.

Wait? Didn't someone above say that if there are fewer than 5 teams they all go to finals? I'm not sure where people are getting this info from to even look??

Semi-finals is different from the Wild Card competition. Wild Cards compete against each other. 1st place goes directly to Sunday finals. 2nd place competes in Saturday's semi-finals. Divisions of ten or less in the semi-finals advance 5 teams. So if there is only the paid bid team and the 2nd place Wild Card team in the semi-final round, both will advance to finals.

Each year it has been the same. Also, this is cut and paste directly from the Varsity website's Summit, frequently asked questions.
How many teams advance to Finals on Sunday from Semi-Finals?
All divisions with 10 or less teams in Semi Finals will have 5 teams advance to finals.
All divisions with 11-19 teams in Semi Finals will have 50% of the division advance to finals.
All divisions with 20 or more teams in Semi-Finals will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals.

Huh, so 19 teams in your division and 9 teams go to finals. But 50 teams in your division and 10 go to finals. Tough.

Back