All-Star Summit Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2016
if a team that received an at large bid a few months ago upgraded to a full paid bid at a recent competition, what happens to the at large bid? Does it go to the next highest scoring team in the division that the team was in? The next highest scoring team In any division at the same level the team was? Or to the next highest scoring team regardless of level? Thanks!

if a team that received an at large bid a few months ago upgraded to a full paid bid at a recent competition, what happens to the at large bid? Does it go to the next highest scoring team in the division that the team was in? The next highest scoring team In any division at the same level the team was? Or to the next highest scoring team regardless of level? Thanks!

From what I've seen, it will go to the next eligible team in line at the competition where the at-large bid was originally earned in the division it was earned. But I'm sure there are exceptions

From what I've seen, it will go to the next eligible team in line at the competition where the at-large bid was originally earned in the division it was earned. But I'm sure there are exceptions

What if the bid declaration stated that to be eligible, you had to place 1st. Thoughts on what that means in terms of an at large being handed down?

This year, it depends. The company can pass it down to the next eligible team from that competition, or they can hold on to it and give it out at another competition.
If they are passing it down to the original competition, whatever their declaration stated will decide who is the next eligible team. For example, 2 of our bids have been pass downs. The declaration guaranteed a bid to each level. Our 2 teams happened to be the next highest scoring team in their respective levels.

Back