All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The comparative scoring is an interesting animal. They have different judging panels scoring different sections and no predetermined "range". So if one judge decides to use a .01 to separate teams and the judges in the other section decide to use 2 points to separate the teams, thereby having higher scores in that section, that higher scoring section could actually determine the winner. It just doesn't work and makes it very difficult to really compare scores. Can you tell I am not a fan? :)
Preach! This scoring system really irritates me.

Pro Athletics small youth 2- Paid
Bay State youth 1- at large
Pro Athletics large junior 2- at large
Pro Athletics large junior 3- at large
USA Wildcats small senior coed 4- at large

Last edited:
Are we tracking wildcards on here? The wildcards from Athletic Championships Concord went to East Tennessee Cheer Ice Cats Senior Coed 3 and Fame Fierce Roanoke Small Junior 3.

It is interesting that so few have been given to youth 3 and 4 and 5 so far. As a mom I want to keep my kids in their age groups as much as possible - I think it is better developmentally for kids to be with true peers. Summit seems like good incentive for higher level but younger athletes to stay with their peers and develop and compete at their true age level. Just seems so odd to see these areas be so few - last I see only 1 large youth 3 given no small youth 3 and no youth 4 or 5 listed at all.

It is interesting that so few have been given to youth 3 and 4 and 5 so far. As a mom I want to keep my kids in their age groups as much as possible - I think it is better developmentally for kids to be with true peers. Summit seems like good incentive for higher level but younger athletes to stay with their peers and develop and compete at their true age level. Just seems so odd to see these areas be so few - last I see only 1 large youth 3 given no small youth 3 and no youth 4 or 5 listed at all.
I feel like a lot of that has to do with the fact that there are much fewer teams in those divisions compared to other divisions. Maybe not youth 3 quite as much, but definitely 4 & 5, there's really only a handful of those teams in the whole country so they are less likely to get the bids because there are less of them. It's not like Youth 1, Junior 2, etc where you see like 10+ teams each at a lot of even more local comps.

I feel like a lot of that has to do with the fact that there are much fewer teams in those divisions compared to other divisions. Maybe not youth 3 quite as much, but definitely 4 & 5, there's really only a handful of those teams in the whole country so they are less likely to get the bids because there are less of them. It's not like Youth 1, Junior 2, etc where you see like 10+ teams each at a lot of even more local comps.

Yeah I get the Y4 and 5 there are not as many but it is certainly increasing. Y3 is more frustrating as there is definitely more of them. I think Varsity has to be behind encouraging higher level youth teams. Not every girl with tumble skills wants to be a fetus flyer on a senior or junior team. There are strong bases and flyers who want to be with their peer group and I have seen many of them go onto to be grand champs or coming in the top 3 for a level. Still bothers me that Mini 2 is not in Summit for the exact same reason. I understand not Mini 1 being included for sure but Mini 2 is a group of girls who have built skills but again are staying in their peer group and again these kids will pull out gran champs often as well but are not even eligible for Summit unless they compete as a Y2.

I completely understand what you mean. Our CP's Youth 3 team received the At Large bid at American Grand in Las Vegas, last month. There was only one paid bid given. The reason our team receive the AL bid was because of their score. It was 2/10ths behind the top scoring team (who took the paid bid).

It all depends on the organizer's declaration. Most, will either go by top score of percentage o perfection. However, politics has its place in the cheer world too. Certain, gyms will be shown favoritism for attending.

As you go up in level within the Youth division, you are competing with athletes that generally have more experience. A group of 8-11 year olds on a Youth level 4 are not going to have the years of experience that a Jr4 or Sr4 team has. I'm not saying there aren't tremendous youth teams out there, they are just competing for the same bids with kids that usually have a few more years of experience on them. With Levels 1 and 2, you are usually dealing with kids that have close to the same amount of experience as the older divisions. Many of the older kids will slow down in progression and "plateau" (for lack of a better word).

In finity All stars FL Small Jr 3 and Small Sr 4 both got at large bids to Summit today at State in Daytona Beach.

And any large J2's out there, the ones who won paid bid for Summit today are coming for y'all. ;) Don't remember their name, but I sure remember their game. CP's gym's J2 is small. :cool:

Stars vipers y2 got paid at ACA
And junior 2 got at large ...

So their at large from athletics should be passed down

Want to talk about frustrating... Spirit of Hope declared to us (before anyone hit the mat) that no paid bids were going to Youth teams. My CPs Y3 and Y5 teams are after that single purpose right now. Try went out and KILLED IT, and can't get rewarded. And of the at large bids, only 2 out of ten went to Youth teams.... And both were given out BEFORE our Youth 5 even went out on Sunday. If they want a Y5 division at Summit, these teams are going to need to get bids.

Want to talk about frustrating... Spirit of Hope declared to us (before anyone hit the mat) that no paid bids were going to Youth teams. My CPs Y3 and Y5 teams are after that single purpose right now. Try went out and KILLED IT, and can't get rewarded. And of the at large bids, only 2 out of ten went to Youth teams.... And both were given out BEFORE our Youth 5 even went out on Sunday. If they want a Y5 division at Summit, these teams are going to need to get bids.
You are EXACTLY right. MY point exactly why have categories and give no bids to those even if they are performing excellent. From their website "The Summit was solely created to provide a unique opportunity for the very best youth, junior and senior teams in non-Worlds divisions to face-off in a live competition." Well then you have to give bids to teams and each category! Have been very frustrated seeing a lack of balance.

Look at the bid page from Varsity:
0 Small Youth 3
1 Large Youth 3
0 Youth 4
0 Youth 5 (small or large)

I wonder if Varsity has given some kind of "schedule" to EPs to fill certain divisions first? Seems that some divisions are already stuffed, and others are ghost towns.

Back