All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

American Cheer Power Midwest Nationals Paid Summit Bids:

Paid: Trilogy Littles- Small Gym Large Junior 2
Paid: NCT AllStars Eclipse- Large Gym Large Junior 2
Paid: Elite Cheer Michigan- Large Gym Small Junior 4
Paid: FCA Sapphires- Large Gym Large Senior 4.2

For those teams who upgrade from an At Large Bid to Paid - where does the at large go? I know it gets passed down - I'm not clear where it gets passed? Does their AL get passed down at this comp where they earned the paid or at the original comp where they earned the AL? The rules used to make this clear but I see that the varsity website now just says it gets passed down without stating how.

If a team wins an AL but later gets a Paid bid, the AL passes down to the next team right? A j3 up here got an AL then 2 weeks later got paid, but I haven't heard any gyms getting that AL? Anyone from WA or OR know who it got passed to at Spirit Cheer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it has to be passed down within 72 hours or it is gone. Maybe that s just Worlds rule?

This! Especially when gyms are now advertising tryouts for their summit team.

Personally (and I actually had no interest in attending the summit so I'm not upset at all) but I do see the principle of the matter, which is all I'm commenting on.

I see there are three to four very strong teams in cp14s division. I include her team as one of those. They won grand champions four times this year and the newly released Allstar games scores indicate they were the third highest score of the competition.

They don't have a bid.

One of the other teams (the current NCA champion) either declined or didn't get one because they're not on the list either.

Not to take anything away from who will be there, but two of the four heavy hitters in that division didn't even get invited. And I'm sure that story is repeated in other divisions. I think the concept is good but I think they need to figure out a better way to manage the bid process so teams like cp14's aren't watching the live feed from home when they should legitimately be in attendance. As I said, personally, I'm not upset. Back to back weekends in Orlando were not something I wanted to do, but there are kids (seniors especially) who wanted (and deserved) to be there, that never got the chance.

ETA: I'm aware of one fierceboarder's cp who is the reigning summit champion of their division, multiple level champ this season again.....and they don't have a bid either. Seriously? The bid system is broken.

I don't know who the NCA champion of the all girl division is but I do agree your cp's team is certainly good enough they should have a bid!
Too bad ASG comp didn't award bids

For the coed division I think all the heavy hitters have bids and paid ones at that.

Rockstar NCA 3rd, cheersport 3rd
vipers NCA 1st, Cheersport 1st, UCA 2nd
And top gun NCA 5th (with issues), UCA 1st

At allstar games vipers looked less than average both days.. Like people almost falling and dumb stuff just happening and we got killed in scores day 2. Thankful for a first day lead to keep first because vipers have never been in the lead on day 1 of NCA, cheersport, Or Uca (although they didn't come back and win this one it was definitely the best performance all season) . I almost feel like they are better when they are behind .. Even if it's 5th place behind by 2 because being in 1st ahead by 2 made them lazy...

Like any of those teams can win summit - It's who hits and who the judges like because like I have no idea how the summit will play out for any of them.

Is it possible they could get a passed down summit bid at this point .. Maybe someone won't accept the bid they received this past weekend and maybe they are next in line?

I don't know who the NCA champion of the all girl division is but I do agree your cp's team is certainly good enough they should have a bid!
Too bad ASG comp didn't award bids

For the coed division I think all the heavy hitters have bids and paid ones at that.

Rockstar NCA 3rd, cheersport 3rd
vipers NCA 1st, Cheersport 1st, UCA 2nd
And top gun NCA 5th (with issues), UCA 1st

At allstar games vipers looked less than average both days.. Like people almost falling and dumb stuff just happening and we got killed in scores day 2. Thankful for a first day lead to keep first because vipers have never been in the lead on day 1 of NCA, cheersport, Or Uca (although they didn't come back and win this one it was definitely the best performance all season) . I almost feel like they are better when they are behind .. Even if it's 5th place behind by 2 because being in 1st ahead by 2 made them lazy...

Like any of those teams can win summit - It's who hits and who the judges like because like I have no idea how the summit will play out for any of them.

Is it possible they could get a passed down summit bid at this point .. Maybe someone won't accept the bid they received this past weekend and maybe they are next in line?

Thank you, it was a fabulous team and were really proud of them!

A very talented SOT team (lady royals) is the NCA champion. They swapped off with Stingrays Spice between CHEERSPORT and NCA. They were both exceptional teams. I don't see SOT on the summit list anywhere so I'm wondering if they just don't attend.

Thank you, it was a fabulous team and were really proud of them!

A very talented SOT team (lady royals) is the NCA champion. They swapped off with Stingrays Spice between CHEERSPORT and NCA. They were both exceptional teams. I don't see SOT on the summit list anywhere so I'm wondering if they just don't attend.

Omg yes how could I forget about SOT. They are amazing! They beat our r5 last year in the large all girl division at NCA. We got 2nd they got 1st (that was that one time we went large with 21 kids and everyone said we were stupid lol). It was probably a good idea we were coed this year. Yall definitely came out strong in a tough division

I think their teams only go on paid. I could be making this up.
I know their j3 really wanted a bid and I was sad they didn't get one. They are really good and those girls wanted to go so badly.

As I understand bids get passed down to next in line. However based on past experience that does not always happen

If a team wins an AL but later gets a Paid bid, the AL passes down to the next team right? A j3 up here got an AL then 2 weeks later got paid, but I haven't heard any gyms getting that AL? Anyone from WA or OR know who it got passed to at Spirit Cheer?

I haven't heard anything yet either. I know we were scrambling yesterday to try to find the level 1 Grand champ list from PacWest because one of the level 1 teams who received an at-large bid upgraded to a Paid bid this weekend. I've heard that is it supposed to go to the next in line but I'm not sure that 100% true due to the whole EP's discretion thing...

Just looked at the list from Spirit Cheer for level 3 standings from Day 1... I saw a post within the last week or so that made me think NW Silverstars had a Summit bid - I think their J3 got the handed down bid? I can't find it now though :(

I think it has to be passed down within 72 hours or it is gone. Maybe that s just Worlds rule?[/QUOT
As I understand bids get passed down to next in line. However based on past experience that does not always happen
Thanks that's what I thought too. I know we are next in line for a bid - but it's confusing to sit here and wait to see if we actually get it. What would be the reasons to skip us and move to a different team?

A team has 72 hours to decide if they want to accept the bid. If they don't accept then it is passed down. I think each event is different how they pass down. Some I know use scores

My CP is a Y4...The Heartbreakers were amazing BOTH days....well deserved bid. Happy to see them get it! Good luck at the Summit :)

Thank you! They were just so happy to win a bid. We have no idea what is going to happen at the Summit. What team is your CP?

I just heard that all Pro Athletics teams officially have a summit bid as well as my daughters gym Stars Vipers! This is so exciting to be able to take your whole program on a paid or AL bid!! So congrats to them!!!

Any other gyms taking every team?

They have multiple locations so probably all the teams from one location are going.

Just looked at the list from Spirit Cheer for level 3 standings from Day 1... I saw a post within the last week or so that made me think NW Silverstars had a Summit bid - I think their J3 got the handed down bid? I can't find it now though :(
They didn't. Wishing we could find out though who ended up getting it.

Back