All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks that's what I thought too. I know we are next in line for a bid - but it's confusing to sit here and wait to see if we actually get it. What would be the reasons to skip us and move to a different team?
How do u know u r next? If that is true then why would they pass u?

Thank you! They were just so happy to win a bid. We have no idea what is going to happen at the Summit. What team is your CP?
Diamond Athletics (in NJ) & I think every Y4 team is wondering what's going to happen! Regardless, 2 great days for the heartbreakers & it was nice to see them get the bid and not overlooked...just because of the Y4 summit situation.

Thank you, it was a fabulous team and were really proud of them!

A very talented SOT team (lady royals) is the NCA champion. They swapped off with Stingrays Spice between CHEERSPORT and NCA. They were both exceptional teams. I don't see SOT on the summit list anywhere so I'm wondering if they just don't attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOT does attend Summit, but as @TheVipersMom said, only on paid bids.

Our Small Jr Coed 5 got paid at NCA and Large Sr 4 received their bid at Cheersport. :)

How do u know u r next? If that is true then why would they pass u?

They published the scores for the whole comp and we are next highest at that level. The team that got the at large bid just got paid so we are assuming it goes to us - but others said it doesn't always go by scores and we have heard nothing yet.

They published the scores for the whole comp and we are next highest at that level. The team that got the at large bid just got paid so we are assuming it goes to us - but others said it doesn't always go by scores and we have heard nothing yet.
Oh I did not know they posted scores. As most comps don't anymore.

Completely depends on the competition in my experience. My sister's team was the next highest scoring team in their level from a competition a few months ago (once that level at large team upgraded to paid). We were wrong to think that at large would be handed to them as the next highest scorer. Instead, it was given to a lower scoring level 2 from the same program passing down the bid. The at large they eventually received was passed down to them in the same way. A level 5 from our gym received an at large that weekend, and upgraded to a paid this past one. So apparently this competition likes to keep it within the program. Or at least, that's the cycle I am seeing from them.

It would make sense either way, however, since the few teams that outscored them that one weekend all already had bids of some form. There bid declaration states how they will be given out at the competition itself but doesn't mention anything about how they will be passed.

Edit - I just realized how confusing that sounds. Sorry.

Rockstar Cheer The Heartbreakers Y4 won an AL at BATB and The Red Hot Chili Peppers upgraded their AL to Paid.

Pretty sure I have it on good authority I know a small Y4 in a meeting getting ready to join y'all at Summit. Just waiting on the kids to blow up their Instagrams and Snapchats.

Yep, add Infinity small Y4.

Our J1 - WC
J2 - AL
J3- AL
Y4-AL
S4-AL
ETA: Y1 -AL. (Forgot them)

Our R5 received an AL bid but decided to decline

Last edited:
Completely depends on the competition in my experience. My sister's team was the next highest scoring team in their level from a competition a few months ago (once that level at large team upgraded to paid). We were wrong to think that at large would be handed to them as the next highest scorer. Instead, it was given to a lower scoring level 2 from the same program passing down the bid. The at large they eventually received was passed down to them in the same way. A level 5 from our gym received an at large that weekend, and upgraded to a paid this past one. So apparently this competition likes to keep it within the program. Or at least, that's the cycle I am seeing from them.

It would make sense either way, however, since the few teams that outscored them that one weekend all already had bids of some form. There bid declaration states how they will be given out at the competition itself but doesn't mention anything about how they will be passed.

Edit - I just realized how confusing that sounds. Sorry.
Thank you - that is very helpful! I wish it was easier. We are done with our bid comps so this is our chance and they originally missed out by 0.3. It seems so unfair for them to not get it. I guess there's nothing we can do but wait.

Thank you - that is very helpful! I wish it was easier. We are done with our bid comps so this is our chance and they originally missed out by 0.3. It seems so unfair for them to not get it. I guess there's nothing we can do but wait.
Keep the positivity! Their season was over having missed out on the BATB bids this weekend. They won once again, making it their 5th bid competition victory, but continually missed out on the bids by a similar margin. Then yesterday they got the call about a bid being passed down from a competition back in February.

The waiting isn't fun, but a lot of times chances are good when you're scoring that high. I hope it works out for you guys!

Two years ago it seems Summit paid bids seemed plentiful. My CP's team received numerous but declined to attend. Last year they received one paid bid again declined to attend. This year they haven't even received an AL bid despite winning NCA as well as Duel in the Desert (I'm just identifying the larger comps) and Champions League (non Worlds). I believe they've attended seven two day competitions thus far this year. They didn't attend Cheersport or UCA because of travel time and expense involved (on the West Coast). I'm not complaining since they would never go to Summit on an AL. But, if this has happened to them, I'm sure it has happened to other equally qualified teams as well. And who knows maybe they would have liked the opportunity to compete at Summit on an AL bid. How can you have a competition claiming to be the best of the best when obvious contenders receive no invite ?

This is just my opinion, but I think they bids get a little screwy when competitions try to force them evenly over all levels. For example, there was a competition I know of a few weeks back have 5 award ceremonies, one for each level. They handed out one at large per level at each award ceremony, than handed out the paid at the very end of the day. What you ended up with were some level 2s and 3s outscoring some of the higher levels, but missing bids due to the distribution procedure.

If teams are good, they are going to score high no matter their level. What's wrong with taking the highest percent of perfection across the board and hanging out bids in descending order that way at the end of the day? (Obviously taking level 1 into account since they cannot score as high)

This is why I don't really take objection to Cheersport's system of next day bids.

This is just my opinion, but I think they bids get a little screwy when competitions try to force them evenly over all levels. For example, there was a competition I know of a few weeks back have 5 award ceremonies, one for each level. They handed out one at large per level at each award ceremony, than handed out the paid at the very end of the day. What you ended up with were some level 2s and 3s outscoring some of the higher levels, but missing bids due to the distribution procedure.

If teams are good, they are going to score high no matter their level. What's wrong with taking the highest percent of perfection across the board and hanging out bids in descending order that way at the end of the day? (Obviously taking level 1 into account since they cannot score as high)

This is why I don't really take objection to Cheersport's system of next day bids.

We went to a competition this weekend where all but 1 paid (I think) and 4 at large were designated to small gym/large gym and certain levels. There were 4 paid and 11 at large. It made it hard to get a bid because you really didn't have many chances due to the distribution process. I believe they gave
-1paid to small gym
-2 paid to large gym
-4th paid went to next high score

-one at large to small gym(level 1/2 combined)
-one at large to small gym (level 3/4 combined)
-one at large large gym level 1
-one at large large gym level 2
-one at large large gym level 3
-one at large large gym level 4
-one at large to highest scoring non worlds level 5 small or large gym.
-4 at larges to next highest scores.

I think they could have cut back a little bit on the definite bids given to certain levels. It didn't leave much room to go onto people that had higher scores. Plus to me it seemed like a lot more given to large gym (might be a little biased because I come from small gym) but to me it seemed like almost the same amount on gyms in small and large gyms but maybe i was wrong I didn't get to see many in that hall.

Back