All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a question for the summit what are the rules about changing your roster before the event. Like if a couple people got hurt could you replace them and compete with them?

I have a question for the summit what are the rules about changing your roster before the event. Like if a couple people got hurt could you replace them and compete with them?

The entire team can be replaced.

Does anyone know, if a team already has a D2 wildcard bid, can they turn around and try to win a regular summit wildcard bid at a different comp? What about if they have a D2 at large or paid, they can only then accept a regular summit paid bid right? Just curious....haven't seen anyone doing it or anything but we are grouped with D2 at our next comp so I'm curious how many of them who have D2 bids now could be going for the few bids regular summit bids that will be there.

Does anyone know, if a team already has a D2 wildcard bid, can they turn around and try to win a regular summit wildcard bid at a different comp? What about if they have a D2 at large or paid, they can only then accept a regular summit paid bid right? Just curious....haven't seen anyone doing it or anything but we are grouped with D2 at our next comp so I'm curious how many of them who have D2 bids now could be going for the few bids regular summit bids that will be there.
There aren't D2 wildcard bids only at large & paid. Someone told me they can go from an at large to a paid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think they would have to be entered into that comp with the d1 teams. So if they are in a d2 division they will not be going for a d1 bid...I'm assuming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they would have to be entered into that comp with the d1 teams. So if they are in a d2 division they will not be going for a d1 bid...I'm assuming

This comp doesn't seem to be splitting the divison at all by D1 and D2, at least nit by looking st the schedule. It has very few D1 teams and lots of D2. So it is making me question how many of them may be trying for the D1 bids is all. Just being nosey :)

This comp doesn't seem to be splitting the divison at all by D1 and D2, at least nit by looking st the schedule. It has very few D1 teams and lots of D2. So it is making me question how many of them may be trying for the D1 bids is all. Just being nosey :)
We went to a comp this past weekend with primarily small gyms and one definite big gym. There were Wildcards for Orlando and 2 D2 bids for Tampa. My understanding is the teams had to declare ahead of time what bids they would accept. There was no way of knowing ahead of time (from the schedule) who was accepting what bids. You just had to wait for awards :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes the one Canadian comp can defer summit and world bids for the following year.

Since we live in an area where teams who have been awarded these bids and deferred them regularly compete, I feel like I can say they really offer zero advantage. I've never seen a team defer a bid and then come back and dominate the following season. My daughter's team doesn't have a Summit bid, yet they've placed well above a team with a deferred bid all season long.

We went to a comp this past weekend with primarily small gyms and one definite big gym. There were Wildcards for Orlando and 2 D2 bids for Tampa. My understanding is the teams had to declare ahead of time what bids they would accept. There was no way of knowing ahead of time (from the schedule) who was accepting what bids. You just had to wait for awards :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

At a bid competition I went to in February, they allowed coaches to look at bid declarations for other gyms. Not sure if that is the norm or not.

I hear a lot of comments about this. Are gyms really replacing whole teams with superior athletes just for a win? Seems like a good way to ensure athletes don't return the following year.

I do know of a gym that is doing this which is why I asked I was hoping it was not allowed. It really irritates me that there are no rules against that happening.

I do know of a gym that is doing this which is why I asked I was hoping it was not allowed. It really irritates me that there are no rules against that happening.
I feel awful for those kids who were good enough to be on the team & apart of earning the bid then dismissed for someone from another team to take their place at Summit.

Back