All-Star Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im assuming, and I could be incredibly wrong, but maybe it'll be high points? Like for instance, this weekend there's one Paid Bid at UCA N'tnals and it would make no sense for it to not go to the highest score. I'm not sure how it'll go though when there's multiple paid ones.

yea thats kinda what ive been thinking. that only makes sense to do it that way

You can have scores on a "scale" making teams that score the highest be equal per division. Judges choice is too much wiggle room for "favoritism" or perceived wrongdoing.

Yeah true, I sort of forgot about that. I think it should just be fair. I wish that each competion got atlest 6 paid bids (one for level 1,2,3,4.2,4 and res.5) then the level champs of each level would get the paid bid! Then if there are remaining atlarge bids they could go to the next highest scores in each level! I know giving each comp. atleast 6 paid bids is alot, but that is the only true fair way that I can think of! Then, you are truly the best teams of the whole compeition for each a level a bid! Also, some divisions will be empty. Ex-4.2 because they will be competing against regular level 4 teams! I know I keep bringing this up, but it just isnt fair!

Some teams also won't go without a paid bid. So there needs to be some room to adjust without it looking odd. And also at the last summit bid comp chances are that the highest scores have bids already. Judges don't care who you are. They pick the best team. Whenever judges choice awards are given I've never seen it happen because of a name.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Some teams also won't go without a paid bid. So there needs to be some room to adjust without it looking odd. And also at the last summit bid comp chances are that the highest scores have bids already. Judges don't care who you are. They pick the best team. Whenever judges choice awards are given I've never seen it happen because of a name.

I need to go to YOUR competitions bc I definitely have. But I see your point. I want it fair, I just feel like if you give freedom too much will be taken so I think each level high point on a sliding scale should have 1st pick.

I need to go to YOUR competitions bc I definitely have. But I see your point. I want it fair, I just feel like if you give freedom too much will be taken so I think each level high point on a sliding scale should have 1st pick.
I've sat on numerous panels where things have been picked and a reason has never been a certain gyms name.

percentage of perfection is still skewed towards higher level teams

example on the varsity score sheet:
Level 1 team gets 4.8's out of 5's which would be fantastic and would be a 96%
Level 5 team gets 9.8's out of 10's which would be fantastic and would be a 97.8%

both teams did the same, .2 short of perfection in each category

percentage of perfection is still skewed towards higher level teams

example on the varsity score sheet:
Level 1 team gets 4.8's out of 5's which would be fantastic and would be a 96%
Level 5 team gets 9.8's out of 10's which would be fantastic and would be a 97.8%

both teams did the same, .2 short of perfection in each category

You're right! And my math brain surely should have caught that, LOL!

Back