All-Star Summit Scoring Screw Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Olympic figure skating has battled scoring controversies for years and cheer mirrors the same risk/difficulty versus artistry, favoring, as well as, the majority of the audience doesn't understand scoring. Cheer has received provisional recognition as an Olympic sport and I tend to believe the USASF is trying to keep fan drama to a minimum during their provisional status versus the copyright explanation, but that's only my opinion. The following video on figure skating shows literally the identical battles cheer has and will continue to face going forward:

Olympic figure skating has battled scoring controversies for years and cheer mirrors the same risk/difficulty versus artistry, favoring, as well as, the majority of the audience doesn't understand scoring. Cheer has received provisional recognition as an Olympic sport and I tend to believe the USASF is trying to keep fan drama to a minimum during their provisional status versus the copyright explanation, but that's only my opinion. The following video on figure skating shows literally the identical battles cheer has and will continue to face going forward:

Figure skating, my first loved sport. Yep, like cheer it is subjective, also like cheer, sometimes the more difficult routine with mistakes or falls still wins over two clean programs. Example, my kid's team at summit was the only team in their division to hit zero both days, but still didn't win because of the higher raw score/difficulty etc of the other team. In prior seasons her team was undefeated in regular season even with their mistakes due to such a high raw score .

Back