All-Star Summit Vs U.s Finals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2015
There was a thread about this in 2013, but now that Summit is a little more established and has been around for a while, which one would you pick? Still U.S Finals or maybe Summit now? I definitely like Summit better.

My CP performed at the US Finals but never has had the opportunity to perform at the Summit. Her goal is Summit 2016. I wouldn't bash either event, but I think their is a bigger sense of prestige and pride by saying you won or were a top #10 finisher at the Summit.

CP is 4 so no Summit yet. She did US Finals in Kansas City this last year. To me Summit is a bigger accomplishment. US Finals was fun, but it is not just one comp that you have to earn a bid to compete at. Multiple comps and we went with open bid. But I love their jackets and the Champions Challenge. Although, we're STILL waiting on their jackets...

Going to the Summit is much more expensive (for us anyway) but definitely a bigger deal and more to be proud of. Plus, Disney World!

I don't personally feel like the two can be compared. Maybe if VB was the only US Finals and earned bids only, but it's not.

ETA: Same day I posted this, their jackets finally came in!

Last edited:
I think the fact that US Finals isn't a USASF sanctioned event tarnishes it. It's a fun end of year event, but it really doesn't have the prestige of Summit. CP hasn't been to Summit, as our gym didn't really do Varsity comps, mostly EPIC/Jam in search of USFinals bids.

I definetly think the summit is better. I went to the summit but didn't make it to day 2 and my friend went to US finals and won but mine is considered a bigger accomplishment because it is like worlds for non worlds teams.

The Summit right now is what US Finals set out to be back when they called it Final Destination. You had to actually earn a bid to Final Destination; only the top three teams got a bid, and there was only one location.

Then Varsity in an attempt to capture the non-Worlds crowd came out with All Levels which evolved into The Summit. They were smart to cater to the masses and offer them a chance to compete at Disney, plus by limiting the bids and keeping it in the single location it increases the desirability of attending. At this point it doesn't take too much to get a bid to US Finals plus there are so many locations that it is IMHO a much less prestigious end of the season comp than the Summit. For many teams though US Finals is a much more financially viable option than the Summit.

U.S. Finals is the "Oprah" of end of year comps. Almost everyone can go. Summit has the prestige factor.

I think when Varsity All Levels failed was when U.S. Finals exploded. Then the Summit came around to combat that. Because of the multiple locations/convenience/cost of U.S. Finals, I've seen some divisions end up 100+ teams deep once they're all combined, so it's definitely the biggest competition. But by going to the Summit you can say you've already beat out 100+ teams.

U.S. Finals makes ranking at the top a major accomplishment vs. just getting to the Summit is a major accomplishment. It's hard to compare the two when their niches are totally different.

HOWEVER, I'm curious how the new DI/DII Summit + more wild card bids will play out this year. It was SO hard to get a bid at first and they just keep adding more and more options, makes me afraid it will start to devalue the competition.

I think the fact that US Finals isn't a USASF sanctioned event tarnishes it. It's a fun end of year event, but it really doesn't have the prestige of Summit. CP hasn't been to Summit, as our gym didn't really do Varsity comps, mostly EPIC/Jam in search of USFinals bids.
The Summit is not a USASF sanctioned event either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Summit is not a USASF sanctioned event either.

I think it is. My events had to be approved by Les last season and being sanctioned was part of the requirement. (Unless it was outside the U.S. or wasn't an all star event)

I think U.S. Finals would be sanctioned if there were a way to sanction it. It is owned and run by sanctioned EP's (Epic, Jam). Maybe it has something to do with bids if USASF hasn't sanctioned the Summit either. Does anyone know if the One is sanctioned?

I think U.S. Finals would be sanctioned if there were a way to sanction it. It is owned and run by sanctioned EP's (Epic, Jam). Maybe it has something to do with bids if USASF hasn't sanctioned the Summit either. Does anyone know if the One is sanctioned?

It is my understanding that the only bid event that the USASF will sanction is Worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back