OT Sweet 16 Gift Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 23, 2010
My best friend is turning 16 on Monday and her party is this Saturday. I have NO idea what to get her! I had the same issue with her Christmas gift. She has like no interests, I mean she does school cheer with me, but cheerleading at my school is a joke and I'm the only one that's really into cheering. She plays softball and violin but she really isn't into it ya know? It's like she only does it to take up time, not because she really enjoys it. Me and her are complete opposites - I play three sports and she cheers just for the heck of it.

I just need some ideas other than clothes (that's what I got her for Christmas). Pleeeasssee anyone that has any ideas I thank you!

Get her a gift card to a store she likes. Take her out to dinner at a restaurant she likes. Make a collage of pictures of you two together. A cute "friends" picture frame with a picture of you two in it.

Presents are annoying for people like these... and I struggle finding something every time! These are just some ideas I wouldn't mind myself :)

Here are some things that I think are good ideas!
1.Recently my friends have gotten into these paintings we call "Twiggy's". It's this artist that paints these things called "femme fatales", which are basically fierce girls in really fashionable clothes and they're super cute to hang up in your room. I know at least 5 people who have exchanged one of these as a gift and they're really cute! Butttt you should paint one yourself bc getting a special made one would be way too expensive. I made one for a friend and based it off one of hers but put my own spin on it. You could use the colors she has in her room. Idk I just think they're cute and it's something that will last a long time. Here's the site you can look at the gallery. http://www.twiggyoriginals.com/gallery-femme-fatales.htm Mine costed around $25-$30 to make in total with the paints, glitter, canvas, etc.
2. I have this Vera Bradley "all in one" clutch that is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've been driving for a few years now but this thing is SO convenient. It's a wallet and an ID case in one, plus it has a wristlet handle and you can attach your car keys to it. So since she'll be driving soon, if she got one of these and needed to drive up the road to run a quick errand, she can just grab this instead of lugging her whole purse and it has everything she needs, and it's small enough to fit in a purse if she chooses to do that. They come in really cute designs. You can see some online here http://www.verabradley.com/product/...+Berry+Paisley/pc/638/c/0/sc/645/p/154832.uts They're about $34.
3. If your friend wears earrings, you can never go wrong with buying a handful of cute pairs of studs. I wear them every day and have a ton so I can switch it up. Claire's has some good ones for cheap if you look hard and if you have a Charming Charlie around you they have good ones too
4. You could always do an assortment of things, like a little gift basket. You could buy her a couple of her favorite magazines (I like Cosmo, Glamour, Seventeen), a few nice nail polishes, some jewelry, a little makeup pouch, some candy...those always work well for people you don't really know what to buy cus they are practical things that pretty much everyone likes

That's all I can think of at the moment but I can give you more if I think of any

It also depends on what you want to spend. James Avery has cute best friends jewelry and sweet 16 charms.

I
An engraved key chain with her initials or "best friends" would be cute because she'll start driving soon.

2. I have this Vera Bradley "all in one" clutch that is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've been driving for a few years now but this thing is SO convenient. It's a wallet and an ID case in one, plus it has a wristlet handle and you can attach your car keys to it. So since she'll be driving soon, if she got one of these and needed to drive up the road to run a quick errand, she can just grab this instead of lugging her whole purse and it has everything she needs, and it's small enough to fit in a purse if she chooses to do that. They come in really cute designs. You can see some online here http://www.verabradley.com/product/...+Berry+Paisley/pc/638/c/0/sc/645/p/154832.uts They're about $34.

I just went shopping for her gift & got a keychain, the Vera Bradley wristlet and a tote from pink. I actually liked the wristlet so much that I got one for myself in a different pattern since I can get my temps next month!

Back