High School Swinging An Athlete From Varsity/jv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
Hello, Im faced with a challenge regarding my team and I was hoping someone could reference me the rules or guidelines in NH about swinging an athlete from JV to Varsity.

Our AD approved us to swing an athlete from JV to Varsity and by swing I mean she does both routines to help us out because we lost one of our athletes.

Something tells me its not that simple, whom should I be contacting to make the necessary people aware?
I know we have done this in the past and other schools as well. This is my first year having to do this so I am looking for some help!
Thanks!

Contact your competition EPs or hosts if it's a school hosting it. We were able to do it my freshman year at a UCA competition, but my junior year when we had to pull a girl up from jv to varsity they said we couldn't. She had to be in both routines so they let one team compete and the other exhibition. That one was also a UCA comp but a different one from the first. I'm not sure if the rules changed between those times, or if at one competition the told us the wrong thing, or maybe because they were in different states.

Either way call your event producer or send an email to your state director if it's UCA/NCA and they should clear it up for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact your competition EPs or hosts if it's a school hosting it. We were able to do it my freshman year at a UCA competition, but my junior year when we had to pull a girl up from jv to varsity they said we couldn't. She had to be in both routines so they let one team compete and the other exhibition. That one was also a UCA comp but a different one from the first. I'm not sure if the rules changed between those times, or if at one competition the told us the wrong thing, or maybe because they were in different states.

Either way call your event producer or send an email to your state director if it's UCA/NCA and they should clear it up for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are just high school comps and state competitions lol we dont go to NCA or UCA but yes I agree I am going to contact the event hosts :)

Thank you

Back