Switch Up In Level 2 Pyramid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 10, 2010
Hi guys, I am choreographing a small senior level 2 pyramid and I really want to put switch up heel stretches straight to an extended position in! How do I make this legal? Also, is it legal to do if there is only one brace? Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure it isn't. One leg extended positions are legal with one brace. But on level two if you release someone, it appears they better be coming down into a cradle:
B. Top persons must receive primary support from a base.
Clarification: Anytime a top person is released by the bases during a pyramid transition, the top person must land in a
cradle or dismount to the performing surface and must follow the L2 dismount rules.
The way to get around this is the still be receiving "primary support" from a the back spot because the back spot can hold both of her feet. Similar to the level 2 "tick tock". Figure out how to execute that and I'd say its legal. Also, they'd have to be connected BEFORE the stunt is extended (on the way up). Our J2 got deductions for that last season.

So if I have one group in a squish and another in a prep, connect. the back spot holds onto the ankle of the flyer switching up the entire time it should be legal...? Because they are not "releasing" her!

It worked that way with tick tocks. I would assume the same would apply for a switch up because someone is "supporting" her

If a base/backspot holds on the whole time, then you would be ok. Since it is going to extended, you would need to make sure you follow the bracing rules for stunts that are going to extended positions.

Correct. As long as there is no release and the ARM-TO-ARM connection is made at or below prep level, you could do this. But make sure there is no release.

Back